mL needed for ammonia ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the perks of working at a veterinary clinic is, syringes are free :).

It kinda is instant gratification. You'll go from no fish to lots of fish if you want. Hopefully tomorrow you'll be adding 2ppm ammo if you ate I'd say Monday you'll be getting fish

Excellent. Actually I m moving my 2 Koi Angels & 3 Zebra loaches from my other 59g cuz the Platys & Cories are polite about it but I can tell they're tired of the AF's snotty attitude & the loaches zooming over them. So, question.....do I acclimate them to the new tank like I would newly purchased fish & can I move all 5 at once or should I stagger, loaches first then Angels?

I'll give my pinion on that but you may want a second. Acclimating fish is for 2 main reasons. 1 temp. 2 more important pH. Since you have the tank in your home with your home with your water add long as both of those parameters are the same is say no acclimation isnt necessary can't hurt but probably not needed. As far as all at once absolutely that's why you went through this process. I dropped 21 fish in after my Fishless added 3 more 2 days later only because they were late getting to my house, water parameters never changed.

My theory was I didn't go through this to just put a few fish in I want almost all my fish. Still want 2 angels and 5 more cardinal tetras, I'm debating over some cherry shrimp. I have 2 fluval 306 canisters on this 55 I'm gonna make them earn there money.

I didn t think I wanted shrimp but got the red & white striped ones ( can t think of what they re called), and really like em.
I ll just have 3 Platys & 6 Cories & 3 Otos in the original tank so want to put something else in. Not sure what yet, going to the LFS Sat for plants so will look at what they have.

The wife hinted she wanted some shrimp in there I know they'll do good with all the horn wort I have in there. I've seen those red ehite ones, I noticed there's orange ones and yellow ones I found a shrimp site had lots of them Los of different types

A more important note 0 nitrites is your goal tonight. If they're 0 add 2ppm .25-.5 add 1ppm anything over .5 don't add anything. I'm telling you this now because I may develop a mysterious illness tonight and not go to work which means I won't be up when you test your water

Uh oh .... Looks like Bambislayers off line & I need help with tonight's numbers.....anyone?
Ph 8.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 30 or 40. (Hate that d*•n chart)

Day 10 of fishles cycle using seeded material & ammonia.

Now what do I do? Add ammonia? WC of ?%?

Anyone??? Need to go to bed..... Add fish food? Add ammonia? Do nothing?

Did you add the 2 ppm ammonia on 6/15 (Saturday)? If not then I would add it today. In 24 hours it should be down to zero ammonia, zero nitrites, and 10-40 nitrates. If these are the readings 24 hours after dosing, then I would do a large PWC (50% or more) to bring the nitrates down and I would say your cycle should be done and the tank is ready for fish.

I'm sorry had awierd sleep day yesterdsy and just got up now after 20 hrs sleep benefits of working 3rd shift add 2ppm ammo WC not necessary if you did it that's fine

Thanks Fresh2O.....I just added like a rice grain size amount of crushed flake food last night. I ll dose up to 2ppm w/ammonia tonight.
Appreciate the response! And excited to see my Angels in their new home!

But that tank isn't ready for fish yet you still taking to long to 0 out your ammo and nitrites remember you w waited 48 hrs to get that again we need it to be 24

Geez dude! Don t be sorry, hope you were doing something fun & relaxing!
And I won t hurry getting the fish in, have plants to put in today so that ll keep me busy.
So I m dosing to 2 ppm w ammonia tonight, yes?

Yes definitely not more than 2 it did take roughly 48 to get rid of 1ppm. I did nothing I slept.

I'm allowed to say sorry for 2 weeks I've been there every night, and left ya hanging last night

Back
Top Bottom