mL needed for ammonia ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HBS - off topic: I occasionally worked the graveyard shift and it was tough. I worked days now but pretty much on call 24/7. 3 hours of sleep last night

Rodeo1 - yeah, the time it takes to convert the ammonia to zero is the very important at this point. For 10-11 days in, it is going very well. At the end of my fishless cycle it was processing 4 ppm ammonia in 24 hours; ironically, I currently have 2 red cherry shrimp in that 20 g tank.

Oh hi! They were ph 8.2 , ammonia & nitrites 0, nitrates 20. Dosed up to 2 on the ammonia . Fingers crossed for tomorrow :). Got some new plants in, too. Waiting for 2 more Lotus & then done with that.
Cuz ' I have skills'!

It looks more like 2ppm. Id leave it alone tonight again 2ppm ammo may have been a bit much for it still

Who?

A week huh? So, I let the nitrites get back to 0 on their own & then dose the ammonia to 2?

The person fresh2o who replied on here. Hopefully they'll drop on their own and not need another water change and is say go back to 1ppm on ammo again. Yes a week unless your nitrite<nitrate bb really kicks it in gear by Wednesday night

Patience is a part of the process; at least you are not putting fish through the nitrogenous highs and lows. Eager to see your parameters tonight.

Uh, I just re-read that last line and had to laugh. I can't say I've used that line anywhere.

LMAO! Too funny. Yeah, I m eager to see them, too. Will be home in an hr or so.

Tonight s #s- ph 8.4
nitrite & ammonia 0
nitrate 10
Did a 75% WC last night, was worried about the snails . So, dose ammonia to 1ppm?

HBS, loved Blades of Glory. Haven t seen Benchwarmers .

Back
Top Bottom