Mojano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leedowlrods

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this a nasty thing or can I let it stay, it's been thriving in my system for 8 months and my anemone crab resides in it

image-2120725158.jpg

It's hard to get a sense of scale from your picture. How big is it? It doesn't really look like a majano. Majanos have bubble tipped tentacles. Looks more like you have lucked into a nice anemone.

Fingers for scale, it does a lot of moving if I alter the aquascape.

image-4262968765.jpg

I agree with Sniper. Too many tentacles and too big for a majano. The reason it moves around when you redecorate is it has to find its new happy place.

I think you have lucked into a good nem. Will be interesting to see what it grows in to.

After feeding it, for a couple of days, it has now split !!
I only found out today when I introduced my new bubble tip

That's not a good sign if it is splitting at such a small size. It may have fooled us all, and actually be a majano.

After feeding it, for a couple of days, it has now split !!
I only found out today when I introduced my new bubble tip

How old is your tank? If you don't have a mature tank and have some parameters swinging, that could be why it split

My set up is 10 months old, the thing in question is prob about the size of a golf ball.
Thanks

Looks like it would be a good candidate for a nano reef of its own. It is really kind of pretty.

Ok so it's now confirmed as a majano,
After splitting I now have two golf ball sizes ones in my 10g.
Shall I leave them alone?
One is host to my porcelain crab

I'm surprised that the porcelain is hosting in it. Curiouser and curiouser.

Update.
I've got 3 now !

image-2248659031.jpg

Attachments

• image-2088361276.jpg
    image-2088361276.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1026225696.jpg
    image-1026225696.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 107
Update: I've up graded from a 50 to a 190 bow front, and these things are loving it

image-1349647081.jpg

Sorry for the blues

I had some that were green with red tips. Pretty nice, but they sure do multiply quickly. I would nix them. Get a bubble tip for the anemone crab. At least you can sell them when they split.

Back
Top Bottom