Mollies...please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol :) congrats :) I wish mine would hurry up lol, 6 weeks now!

Omg i had the shock of my life when i got up this morning, had to go to work so my daughter and her boyfriend did the bizz netting them into the breeder box, be patient your time will come ! Just let nature take over ! My male is pure white and fem is orange and black so am expecting anything in terms of colour when they grow lol

Paul, take some pics when they get older. That color combination sounds interesting. OS.

I will def keep you updated on pics i cant wait to see what these junior swimmers are gona turn out like !

Yes that exactly what mine looked like, ready to burst ! You will soon have new additions like these ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394733871.315097.jpg

Mine was big for ages, i just thought she was fat and then bingo lol, by the way she is a gorgeous fish

That photo was taken about 2 weeks ago!

In the last 2 weeks before she gave birth she was attacking the food,i could of hand fed her easily ! Your little lady looks real close, let me know when the big day arrives lol

I had a birthing tank for mine but i decided against it because i did not want to stress her out, some fry may of been eaten but i got 19 and they are quarantined in my birthing tank now, theres no right or wrong way of doing it so good luck and post a message on the big day ( by the looks of her will be very soon )

You are in for a treat, i wanted to take paternity leave from work lol ? keep me posted ?

You are in for a treat, i wanted to take paternity leave from work lol ? keep me posted ?

Classic fish fanatic, I tell my boss I need time off because I have fish arriving in the post. I think he thinks I'm nuts but who cares. :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right... I'm confused... My fish doesn't look half as big as she did, however she has not given birth! I have a breeding tank where the babies can escape through little gaps into a safe bit that the mum can't get to... There are no babie.... What the hell???

It could well be that she was so stressed out in the birthing box and aborted the fry and ate what was left, i decided against it for that reason, maybe next time let her give birth in the tank, as long as you have hiding places you will have a good percentage of survivors. I cant say for definite this is what has happened but its a good possibility ?

I've no idea. I'm going to let her out of the birthing tank and I'll try to get another pic

Any news on your molly laura ? Think mine is in the early stages of producing a second batch ! My local pet shop is taking the first lot of fry, try some floating plants and let yours give birth in the aquarium, the plants will provide cover for the fry to hide and the mother will have a stress free birth so might be the way to go and trust me she will have some in the next 4-6 weeks so look forward to some spring time paternity leave lol

Back
Top Bottom