molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I posted like last night about having only 3 fry but today there's 10! How many do they generally have? Also, I only have a 20 gal tank, and i don't think that will fit all these fish. What do I do with the all the babies?

They usually have over 50 for me. But it depend if it's their first time. The batch won't be that big also. You can re home them when they're bigger or just keep them

They usually have over 50 for me. But it depend if it's their first time. The batch won't be that big also. You can re home them when they're bigger or just keep them

I think it's the fish's first time. How would I go about re-homing them?

Do you have any pet stores near you? My local pet store takes my extra stock. If you need a temp place for all the babies, you can get a plastic tote cheap, add a filter and heater and keep them in there for awhile. I did that with my snails I breed. I always keep an extra filter and extra filter media in my tanks. That way you can be ready for babies. Or you could buy a carnivorous fish to feed the babies too. I know that sounds cruel but it is nature.

I have one pet store near my that I know of, it's a Petsmart. The only problem is I don't know if I could afford an extra tank, even a small one, along with equipment needed to run it. I might be able to re-home a couple with my old life science teacher but that's a maybe.

I've 3 tanks all well established , my fry are in the 80litre and if there are any tiny ones I put them in the 25 litre until big enough to go in with the others and once they are bigger I put a few in my 200 litre... I might add all 3 of my tanks were given to me all I had to buy was the lights and filters and heaters and of course deco & substrate.. I asked about and cheekily put it on my facebook page if anyone had one they no longer wanted and I got those ! The 200 I've had for a few years the others 7 months ish...
Its worth a shot with fb !

Back
Top Bottom