More Featherfin Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeBob

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I know these catfish are also called squeeker cats, but has anyone ever actually heard them make a noise? I know it sounds crazy, but there has recently been an occasional high pitched whine type sound (highly technical phrase) coming from my tank. The only thing that I could surmise was it was coming from the filter, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the sound as it only lasts a few seconds and is totally unpredictable. Maybe I need to up the meds? Thanks for indulging me :ermm:

Featherfin squeaker

Check out the first paragraph on this page.

Thanks, I actually read that page before I posted so I feel certain they do make noises, I just wondered if anyone had heard it, or if it was audible outside the tank. Thanks for the help though and a big shout out to Westminster, my hometown!

You are most welcome. I'm thinking I'm going to pick one of these up today. Are you pretty happy with yours?

I hadn't thought about hearing them outside of the tank, the noise would have to pretty loud I guess. :)

You are most welcome. I'm thinking I'm going to pick one of these up today. Are you pretty happy with yours?

I hadn't thought about hearing them outside of the tank, the noise would have to pretty loud I guess. :)

Yes I am, actually just posted on YOUR thread lol!

They make noise when you take them out of the water, allot of catfish do. My 4-line cats did always freaked my GF out.

They make noise when you take them out of the water, allot of catfish do. My 4-line cats did always freaked my GF out.

Now THAT makes sense, I remember catching catfish with my gramps when I was a kid and they almost always made noises out of water. I have an airlilne run hidden behind a tube I cut in half to disguise it, I think possibly gasses arre builiding up in the space between the airline and the tube venting (?) Water tests well so I guess I'll disassemble it and see if that solves the problem.

I have a flexible airline diffuser in my tank and if it's out of the water a little to much it makes the sound you described. To me it sounds like your airline.

Back
Top Bottom