More filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

omni024

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'll have 22 fish in my 60 gallon aquarium once everything is said and done. 17 of which will be 6in cichlids of various types mostly haps and peacocks.

I want to make sure I have enough filtration and I currently have a fluval 306 and an AC70 filtering the tank. The fluval has 2 trays full of biomedia and the AC70 is set up stock with no changes to the media.
I do regular water changes at the very least 50% once a week.

Do you think I have enough filtration for the tank or should I be looking at getting another canister filter. I'm not looking at setting up a sump at this time btw.

Thanks in advance :)

If you are homing Africian cichlids I would go with over filtration I am running a API Filstar XP-L on my 55 Africian tank I think it' rated up to 175 gallon tank. You can never have enough filtration with Africian's . What I also like with the L & XL models you get 3 media trays.

If your water parameters are all good I am not so sure what more filtering would do?
You sure are not going to make more or less nitrates...
I think if your water is good and your maintenance is working properly for the tank I would look more towards circulation then filtration.
If you are not showing ammonia or nitrite I don't know what people think more filtering will do for you?
If anything up the wc as NO filter removes the stuff water changes do.
Just my thoughts on the topic.

Back
Top Bottom