More fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

16wbrinkley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank with a honey gourami, a long finned zebra danio, 4 long finned blue danios, and a rubber lipped pleco. These fish tend to stay towards the top or bottom of the tank. I would like some colorful middle swimmers to complete my tank. Any suggestions?

I am looking for something a little more unusual, but neons or cardinals are my second choice.

I agree with the cardinals (I love mine); there are serpae, rummynose, lemon, blue Kerri (if you can find them), and embers would as well. I can't think of any more right now, so hopefully someone else will chime in:)

I have neons and they are really cool

Attachments

• image-4024008176.jpg
    image-4024008176.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 55
Furcata or threadfin rainbowfish are two top dwellers that are slightly less common. Marbled hatchetfish are pretty cool too, just make sure you have a tight lid.

Edit: Ahhh you're looking for MIDDLE dwellers! My bad.

Oh, one more thing...

My only LFS's are pet smart and Walmart:(

That kind of narrows things down a bit....

You could try to add some harlequin rasboras.

I agree about the rasboras. I have two that were really tiny when I first got them and now that they're fully matured, they have great color. I'd like to get a few more, but I have to be careful not to overstock my tank. There's always more fish that I want to get.

Oh, one more thing...

My only LFS's are pet smart and Walmart:(

That kind of narrows things down a bit....

If you have to I'd say buy online because petsmart doesn't know how to care for their fish too well...................some are better than others though,so my advice would be to look in the tank with the least dead fish.walmart is just trying to make money.Doesnt care about the fish if no one buys it.search up where they get their animals from on YouTube and you'll see.

Also, search up on the Internet for lfs in your area.Im sure their will be one.

Thanks for the advice:)

There might be a smaller LFS somewhere near here.....

I'm trying to stay away from live bearers if at all possible.

I wish I could have Rasboras but my 8.0 ph tap water where I live won't do that well with them as they are extremely sensitive to ph and I aint got the time to do the whole lower the ph thing for every water change. In my old place I had some though and I highly recommend them, beautiful active fish they are.

I have a pH of 8.2 and I have had 9 Harlequin Rasbora for the past couple months. They seem to be fine. Very active and fun to watch when they all school up.

Back
Top Bottom