Moss balls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blert said:
Almost bought some the other day but they were almost black. They were pretty large but at ten bucks a pop I did not. Will they bounce back from turning black or are they too far gone?

They should turn green again. Depending on your water or the water you bought the moss ball from can change color of plants including moss balls!

I love my moss ball solved my green algae problems

I also went to PetSmart, to get an algae eating fish and other solutions. The algae was obstructing my view and looked horrible.They sold me a moss ball along with the fish and a snail. They also told me not to scrub the algae off? The moss ball worked MAGIC, In two days the tank was clear, and the water has been clear since. I am amazed how well the moss ball worked, best solution to a dirty tank I have ever used! I am a beginner and now I want a bigger tank. Thank you all for the posts to help keep the moss ball healthy.

Just wanted to add that if you have a low light tank the ball will float to the surface to get more light. Mine sits at the bottom for about 3 days and then floats for a day. I'm sure when my 96W T5HO shows up next week it'll stay on the bottom permanently.

Back
Top Bottom