Most expensive fish you own/owned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i3k

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Whats up all...just wondering what is the most expensive fish you own or have ever owned...so list some names and prices.

The most expensive fish I currently own is a snowball pleco $49.99

Fish die. Can't see spending too much on them. I stick to small fish. Platy, Molly, and Guppy are my favs. I think the most was for some Gourami's one time. I think they were $3.99.

Man the most expensive eh? Ha! I don't trust myself and of course, and my fiance will forever make fun of me for this, I tend to like ugly fish which are cheaper... currently my babies are two small oscars, which I like for their intelligence and personality :)

I guess my most expensive was the angel fish, I bought 3 originally, two black and one silver, the black were 5.99 ea, silver was 4.99 ... the black didn't survive my 'startup' mistakes, but the silver is huge now :)

Cardinal Tetras...$15 for 4 of the little buggers. I bet you they are more expensive per full-grown inch than a lot of fish! :wink:

My personal most expensive is probably my German Ram, who was $17.99.

I haven't bought one, but my lfs has huge Discus for something like $150. Not sure if anyone ever buys them though.

I have a Dragon Moray Eel, (SW, so im not sure if i should list it here), if you look on LiveAquaria.com, he sells for $1,100.00. I payed $500.00 for him. :wink:

*grin* Bring him to work with you tomorrow and hold him out the car window so I can see stresco ;)

*covers her fish's ears LOL so they can't hear*

I've never spent that much on my guys...most expensive were the clown loaches at $12.99 USD each; one of my angels was the same price.

Wow! LOL Fish must be expensive here, b/c I consider myself LUCKY if I can buy a fish for less than $4. Then again I don't buy Mollies or Platties...I prefer Rainbows, Botias, Loaches, and big, fancy, expensive fish! LOL The most expensive fish I have now are my two Balas, and I got them for $15 a piece, but they are 5-6 inches long. I think the most I've EVER spent on a fish is $30, and that was for a Discus...he died though b/c back in '97 we had a huge snow storm and lost power for over a week and all my fish froze!! LOL Poor things.

Allivymar said:
*grin* Bring him to work with you tomorrow and hold him out the car window so I can see stresco ;)

*covers her fish's ears LOL so they can't hear*

I've never spent that much on my guys...most expensive were the clown loaches at $12.99 USD each; one of my angels was the same price.

I would, its just that i dont want him gettnig wind burned. :wink:

my most was $125 for an emperator angel from the christmas islands that later died after contracting popeye. also had a $120 king (passer) angel. i really want a bluefaced angel, but they're about the same price range and i still have a bad taste in my mouth from other angels that i've kept.

Back
Top Bottom