moving coral from original platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millerclife

Aquarium Advice Newbie
when i purchased my polyp's and other corals they are glued to a type of concrete mortar and my ? is can you remove them with out killing them, i have a 30 gallon coral and fish tank nothing fancy but always like to check my options:thanks:

Hiya! Welcome to the forum!

I usually either place the frag with it's plug in some rocks or i glue it onto a small piece of rock rubble so I can move it when i need to. Not sure if taking it off the plug will work, I suppose it has to as some people glue their corals directly to their live rock. :)

Welcome to AA! We're glad you found us. :)

I have moved your thread to the SW and Reef- Getting Started section. This should help you get more responses.

I never remove corals from a frag plug. Eventually, they will grow over the plug and you won't even know it's there.

Be thankful for the plug. I've ordered some frags that had the smallest, thinest piece of rock ever...to the point where when I touched it it fell apart. Tried using epoxy to put it on a piece of rubble, but it is a softie so it didn't stick. Going to get some gel to stick it to something.

I believe you can remove them from the plugs as I have read that there are people that prefer the rubble. I get it as the plugs can be awful looking. But I'm taking it as I can, I'd rather them grow over it then stress them out putting them on a more attractive piece of rock.

Back
Top Bottom