Moving long distance what should I do.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mickey24

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am moving over 1000 miles from where I live now. Is there anyway I can move my fish safely. I have considered selling my 80 gallon tank and setup with the fish, but no way to tell if the new owner will actually keep the fish or use it to set up for saltwater or other type of fish. There are about 18 fish and mostly tetras and a bumble bee catfish, all that I have had for over 2 to 3 years and doing well.

Thanks for the reply, I will look into that option, that would definitely be preferable.

Make sure you fast your fish for a full day before moving, to keep waste to a minimum in their transport container. Also, make sure you have a lot of air space, or air holes in the container.

You can pack up your fish comfortably for the trip... 1000 miles is a lot but many fish are imported from much bigger distances than that. Maybe that's the best choice. Perhaps look into giving away the fish separately from the tank - this would ensure that they don't get thrown out by the new owner...

Back
Top Bottom