Moving my fish from pg county md to atl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kortney

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi this is my first time posting here a lil about me I have two aquariums one is a 90 gallon with 4 3 to 4 inches carbia's :) and I have a 150 galon with a 8 inch silver arowana, 4 inch peacock bass, 9 inch rb pacu,6 inch peacock eel and a 5 inch dovii which one we move will be getting its own 75 gallon tank :) because he starting to bother the others but I have read that if I use rubber maid containers with battery powered air pump with the air stone connected they will be fine but because I have aggressive fish should I give each one a separate container especially the piranhas I have also read that I can use the bags from my local pet store I move in a week please help.

Oh and the drive is about 9 hours with stopping for gas and food

I would definitely split them up with 3 in each Rubbermaid at the most. You would also most likely need a heater for each box to keep fluctuations to a minimum. Make sure you load the containers with prime/aqua plus or whatever you use as a stress coat/dechlorinator to keep them calmer. And I would reccommend using opaque containers to minimize light, also to help keep them calm and minimize stress. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom