Moving to 40B TankMates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chasetopher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

With the Petco Dollar Gallon Sale, I've upgraded my 20gallon up to a 40Breeder.
My current stock is 6 months old:
9 Tiger Barbs
5 Broken Stripe Tetras
1 Bristle Nose Pleco

In the 20 gallon, the plants were pretty heavily stocked, but since I've replanted in the 40 gallon they are more spread out.

They are running on a 24" Dual T5HO, and DIY CO2. Using excel and flourish. We will see if this works with the plants, as some of them are high light, and the tank upsize might change how everything is growing.

Using black blasting sand substrate. It's brand new, hope my fish are alive when I get home! Water is very soft Portland, OR water and typically 7.5ph. Last night I measured 8.0 in the new tank. Maybe the substrate is changing it, or it may be back to normal when I do some water changes tonight.

So now you see what I'm working with. What fish can I plan on adding once everything is stable? I will have a Fluval C4 and 150W heater added today. After seeding/cycle is complete I'll remove the 20gallon filter.

I'm more interested in adding 1 or 3 larger centerpiece fish than stocking several smaller fish

1 - Red Tail Black Shark?
1 or 2 Cichlids?

I don't know much about Cichlids or the RTBS but the reviews with adding them to Tiger Barbs range from ok to hell no. Any ideas of what I should be looking in to?

Thanks

62S42.jpg

Look into the rainbow shark. I've never kept them, but from what I hear they are not as aggressive as the red tail black shark.

David

Back
Top Bottom