Moving up to a 55g from 30g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mconigs78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a 55g and was wondering about some good tank mates to go along with my parrot. I currently have the parrot, a good sized Pleco and 2 Cory's. Any suggestions that would be ok with the parrot? I wanted to go African. I have two AC110 so I think that will be enough filtration for the tank and was even thinking of adding a power head for circulation.

image-1438840350.jpg

Parrot and Pleco

Well I wouldn't add anything until you do something Pleco it's gonna get way to big for your tank

So I'm guessing I need to do something with him I have a lfs here that is pretty good with taking fish from tanks that out grow them. Hat are good tank mates to go with the parrot? Everything that I like gets too big. My wife wants oscars but they will eventually outgrow a 55 gallon quick

If it's a common pleco, you really need to rehome it now. You may not see stunted growth happening, but it will.

Look at my signature line for the tankmates I have with my BP's.

Oscars are not compatible with BP's. They are too aggressive.

Well after you rehome the Pleco you could get a bristlenose Pleco and I would up your Cory school to at least 6.

Some other tank mates could be a female jack Dempsey or other new world cichlids but not African cichlids. The african cichlids would eat the corys and sometimes they aren't compatible with blood parrots.

Back
Top Bottom