Mr Miyagi, R.I.P.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My knowledge of history is not great... I didn't know we rounded up people in America and sent them to these camps. That there is very sad!

sdellin said:
My knowledge of history is not great... I didn't know we rounded up people in America and sent them to these camps. That there is very sad!
Japan had just done a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. I can certainly see both sides of the story on this one.

I can understand your point, I don't like stereotyping, but that's a good example of it. I know we have to think ahead, it's just sad. Why can't we all just get along....

sdellin said:
I can understand your point, I don't like stereotyping, but that's a good example of it. I know we have to think ahead, it's just sad. Why can't we all just get along....
Yeah. It's like the email that's been going around that list terrorist attacks throughout the last 20-30 years or so and gives multiple choices for each "event". Each one has the choice "Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40" as a "who did it".

Part of me thinks that it is unfair and not becoming of a "free" society and another part of me says "If the shoe fits...". We cry for the government to protect us, but complain when we realize what they have to do and what we must give up in order for them to do so. I think this next quote sums it up...

George Orwell said:
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

Machiavelli said that all democracies were doomed to end up as a military state. We are well on that path.

But anyways, I'm probably going to have to go out and watch The Karate Kid in remembrance of Pat Morita.

I have to re-rent it also. Aren't there like two or three sequels? It was when I was a kid that I saw it. Mr. Miyagi didn't change much, did he.

RIP Mr. Miyagi. I can't wait till my kids are old enough to wash the car so I can tell them "wax on, wax off...." So memorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom