Mudskipper setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Homer8 said:
which will keep him occupied instead of watching me when im in the room lol he creeps me out sometimes

Lol isn't that the truth.

If I am going to put a mudskipper in an aquarium do I need to drip water so they can adjust to the salt level, or just put them in on the land part.

I did not drip acclimate mine but you should. With mudskippers it can be a fast drip acclimation. I drip acclimated my fig 8 puffer for 2 hours. You could probably do a half hour to an hour.

Ok thanks! If I put the skipper in a bucket to drip will he jump out? If he will how would I drip him?

Thanks

I apologize that what I just wrote made no sense. What i wanted to say is will the mudskipper die if I get them online?

Thanks

Mudskippers are extremely hardy. I believe them to be the most hardy in the hobby. Im sure if you buy from franks aquarium they should be fine or else they wouldnt sell them

I am still setting up my mudskipper tank, and I wanted to get another archerfish (after my other one died) will that work if it is half land and half water?

Hi, love the mudskippers, they are very cute, what would the opinions be on:

minimum tank size?
minimum depth for water?
min size for land?

For those interested in keeping, thanks!

The aquarium size is 20 gal, and 3/4 of a half is land. And I wanted to get a small scale archer. I think they get to be like 4 in max.

For small mudskippers 1 per 10 gallons but its better for 2 in a 20gallon

Cool, so it's better to keep them in pairs? Do you buy them mated or are they easy enough to pair up?

Back
Top Bottom