Multiple Clownfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monsieur Kam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it be okay to add a third ocellaris clownfish to a 75 gallon aquarium? Right now there is a pair of ocellaris clowns, one mocha, and I have an ocellaris in my 10 gallon nano reef right now and I am taking the 10 gallon nano reef down soon. I want to add the third clownfish to the 75 gallon but I don't know if I should. Also if I can add the third clownfish with the other 2, would there space to add another for 2 pair of ocellaris clownfish?

I can't recommend more than 2 per tank. I had 4 in my 55g and they were fine for awhile and then one of the oscellaris started picking on my b&w clowns so I had to move her to my cube. I will be moving the 3rd out of my 55g as soon as I can catch him

:-D

I don't know what I'm going to do with the little guy :( I don't want to get rid of him. Do you think there would be any problem adding him with the other two clowns?

At my LFS they told me as long as they are all ocellaris they should be fine, is that true?

You will have less trouble if they are all the same but eventually the two will pair off and then the odd fish out is at risk. Some people have some luck with an odd number but it's not recommended.

The two that are already in there are paired. I don't know if this would pose a threat to a new clown or not.

Back
Top Bottom