Multiple dwarf gourami?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akkitten

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a cycled 20 gal with 7 zebra danios and a dwarf gourami. Eventually I will add 5 Pygmy virus, but I am looking for one more fish about the same size A's the DG but I hesitate to add another male DG after my research. Any suggestions?

akkitten said:
I have a cycled 20 gal with 7 zebra danios and a dwarf gourami. Eventually I will add 5 Pygmy virus, but I am looking for one more fish about the same size A's the DG but I hesitate to add another male DG after my research. Any suggestions?

That should be Pygmy Cory. Darn iPhone.

Ok, once I got over the giggle spell I had, I was able to read what you were asking.

I personally, would not put 2 males in a 20 gallon. I had mine in a 20 tall, and they had to be separated because the blue one was constantly harrassing the flame one. :(

BTW, good luck with your pygmy virus. ;) LOL

+1. Gouramis are too well known for their territorial behavior. I wouldn't try two unless you have a back up plan for the 2nd fish.

+1 I wouldn't go with another DG. But if you're looking for a similar size colorful fish you can see what kind of killifish are out there. They generally have some good color and won't harass people.

What can I say, it's the auto correct on the iPhone. No suggestions for a fish dk?

I thought the killifish was closer in size to a guppy or a danio. What about a female DG if I can find one?

IF being the question, females are hard to find. Killifish are super awesome, I wanted some myself, but I think they are jumpers? When I had my little guppies and DG, I had some harlequin rasboras and they were neat. The always hung out right in the middle of the tank, so you could see them all the time.

You could look into ram cichlids, it's hard to find females there too so 1 would be an option. Bolivians are pretty and sturdier than some, but german blues are gorgeous IMO.

Goodness, decisions, decisions! So many fishes, so little tank space!

I didn't think you could put the blue ram in with a DG. That is something to think about!

I'm pretty sure you can, no one disputed it when I posted my goal stock list.

Ram Cichlid Lover!! hah! I'm totally in love with my Bolivians, people say they're pale, and bland. FORGET THEM! and you certainly can put them with DG's I have a honey in my tank with four rams, and even two keyhole cichlids!

Back
Top Bottom