Multiple Tank Syndrome: 10 gal in works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nerdelish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got it bad. I currently have one 29 freshwater planted community and a planted 5 gallon with a betta and a rabbit snail.

Now, I am setting up a ten gallon. It'll be a freshwater but does anyone have any ideas for stocking? I will be doing a fishless cycle, no worries about that. I thought about making it a dwarf puffer tank but I'm not sure I want to worry about culturing food.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can do a dwarf puffer, I have one in a 10g

If you are lucky you will get one that accepts frozen foods. Mine loves bloodworms.

Caleb

+1 for Dwarf Puffers!
I have 2 in a 5.5 and no aggression so you could do 3 or 4 in a 10.
The great thing about these puffs is that their beaks don't grow so you don't need to feed them snails or hard shelled animals, although some people do because those are easy live foods.
Training mine onto frozen wasn't hard, they took it from day 1.
They aren't as messy as people say they are, but you do need good water. A filter that turns the water over at least twice an hour is recommended.
Puffers do well in heavily planted tanks. I have mine with 2 Amano shrimp, which works because Amano's are larger. I wouldn't put anything besides some shrimp, some otocinclus and the puffers in your 10. Some big plants that break up the midsection of the tank are common in puffer tanks because they break the line of sight, which means less aggression.
Dwarf puffers are cool little fish and if you go the extra mile should be easy to keep!

Male Endlers are colorful and active.

You could do a large group of nano fish: micro rasboras, dwarf amber barbs, chili rasboras, etc.

Shrimp.

Pygmaeus or habrosus cories.

Good ideas! Thanks. I was under the impression that dwarf puffers must be kept by themselves period. Is that not the case?

I have time to think while I fishless cycle my tank.

Back
Top Bottom