Mumma's planted goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
Thought it had been a while since I posted any pictures of my goldfish tank. Since moving to my new house 9-10 months ago I've rearranged the tank and added some DIY riparium planters. Today I added a small pothos cutting and hot glued some bark over a bright blue pot. I have another pothos planted in it and sits on the glass bracket of the tank. Still ugly but 100% better than what it was.

image-871618697.jpg

image-3607081425.jpg

That's just sick!! How much is required to maintain something like that? Is it hard with the plants and such?

Do you need special lighting and ferts?

I wish I had the courage to do something like that.

Thanks guys! :D
That's just sick!! How much is required to maintain something like that? Is it hard with the plants and such? Do you need special lighting and ferts? I wish I had the courage to do something like that.
Honestly I don't do much at all. I change 50-75% of the water weekly and throw in some liquid ferts and a glut solution once a week or two. I put clay root tabs under a couple of plants. If we have a hot day I spray they plants with water and water the pothos in the pot.

At the moment I have three t5ho bulbs about 2-2.5feet over the surface of the water. The bulbs are about 18 months old so they won't be as strong as new ones. There is two 10000 and one pink.

To maintain the plants themselves I just remove most of the dead foliage and I'm training the pothos along the surface of the water so it eventually hangs over the side of the tank.

Underwater plants include vals, java ferns, a sword that keeps threatening to die, a huge anubia on a log and a pond lily. Plants on the surface are peace lilys, arrowhead vine, pothos vine, a native flax lily and spanish moss. There is some ludwigia of some sort and another stem plant but they don't get enough of something to thrive.

2 1/2 years later and this tank is still going. It now lives outside.

Attachments

• 1433753277672.jpg
    1433753277672.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 1433753295886.jpg
    1433753295886.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 128
Wow that is a cool tank!! I really like the greenery that just pops out the top. Very cool tank great job.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom