My 10 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noelllll

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just finished redoing my 10 gallon tank. Added new gravel and some floating plants and rearranged everything in the tank. What do you think??

My stock::
1 Orange Molly
1 Black Molly
1 Red Blue Columbian Tetra
2 Zebra Danios
3 Neon Tetras

I also have about a handful of red gravel. Any ideas on what I could do with that? I was thinking maybe a path like thing coming from the rock on the right..

Attachments

• redoneTank.jpg
    redoneTank.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 127
Ok if you have a 10 gallon tank you won't have enough for mollies:(

Ok if you have a 10 gallon tank you won't have enough for mollies:(

Yeah so I've been told.. I'm trying to trade the orange one right now for a blue lobster. Would it still be really bad if I just kept the Black Molly and did frequent water changes like once or twice a week? Or should I just find another home for that one as well and maybe look for another nice fish. I realllyyy like the black one it was one of the first fish that I got I would hate to have to get rid of it..

I'm thinking maybe trade both of my Mollies for the Lobster then maybe get another Columbian Tetra so he has a friend in there. Good idea?

If you like the Molly enough, I'd keep it. It's not going to thrive In a 10 gallon, but they can survive. Put a little bit of aquarium salt in (they are brackish fish) and do frequent water changes and your Molly should be Happy and have a decent life span :)

I would keep it too, just don't be too shocked if it dies tomorrow.

Well I mean it seems happy.. Always swimming around eating off plants and rocks. I forgot to mention it's also pregnant right now lol. So I'm thinking I may get rid of it because once the fry are born I have nowhere to put them and they'll all probably end up being eaten. Not 100% sure what I'm doing with them right now but good to know if I keep one it'll be okay.

Any ideas on what to do with the red rocks though?

I would buy a 4-8 gallon tank and put the pregnant Molly in there, then you could get the Molly's and sell them(except for the pregnant one):) then I would use the red rocks for the breeding tank.

I had zebra danios for years including breeding them and they can survive as well but are a schooling fish (6 or more) and are very active so a 10 gal may not be the best bet if other fish are in there. DO NOT put a blue lobster (blue crayfish actually) with anything else. I mean you can if you want dead fish. They have them temporarily housed like that in the pet store but dont do it. You can have a blue lobster tank, or a fish tank. Do research. You are overcrowded.

Also neons are a schooling fish. Fine for a 10 gal but danios tend to be nippy and may stress the neons out. I suggest reading about what you want and can do and taking back what you cant handle. Everyone will be better and happier in the long run, including yourself.

He/she is overcrowding the tank. Dont let that happen ive done that with 5 zebra danio 5 neon tetra 2 albino cory 11 ghost shrimps and 5 guppies in my 10 gal so there was a massive ammonia explosion and some died

You're not exactly overcrowding your tank. You just have 2 fish that are too big for the tank. I would sell the orange Molly if I were you:(

Okay so I talked to the person selling the lobster and he agreed to take both my mollies for the lobster. Once I get that I'll probably put one more Columbian tetra and one more zebra danio then that's it. Better?

No because the blue lobster eats fish.

A couple people here said they have one and it's fine. The seller said it's still small and my tank is arranged so my fish would be able to hide if need be. Also the seller said he has a lobster in his tank with a few guppies and it's all good.

Red Blue Columbians are a bigger Tetra and need a group of at least 6. They also should be in a 20g or larger. They are larger than Neons.

They get up to 2.5" and are a Semi-Agressive fish.

I had MANY returned for being Nippy and crazy over food.

I don't care that some websites list them as Peaceful. IME they are not.
http://www.fishlore.com/profile-redcolombiantetra.htm

And the Lobster seller is trying to sell you a Lobster.

Do not add salt to the tank unless you get the Tetra and other fish OUT.
Tetras are Amazonian and NOT brackish.

Back
Top Bottom