My 100g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyin Fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my 100g mixed reef after 6 months. Had its ups and downs but is doing pretty good now. Just getting started with sps, but have seen decent growth so far. Not sure why the pic is so blurry. Looks clear in the actual pic.

Attachments

• image-452714742.jpg
    image-452714742.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 170
I have a 40ish gallon aqueon sump with dual over flows. I'm not using the second overflow but I have a 27 cube I'm going to plumb into it.
3, 4 inch 100 micron filter socks
950 gph return
2 1400 gph circulation pumps
phosban reactor
magnum 350 with 1 lb carbon basket (no filter)
9w uv
5 gallon auto top off
reef octopus skimmer
4 t5 ho 60" fixture

in the process of upgrading to 3 AI Sol led and wave maker.

The reactor is the best investment you can make. It's cheap, easy and requires no modification. I had a small amount of algae before and after putting it in I have none. Even though i measured zero phosphates all the time. The skimmer helps with overall water issues. Without it I would have huge problems.

Ya I set up my 150gallon without a reactor and skimmer for a test run and after about 3 to 4 months I had a nice underwater meadow lol
So I'm about to get a hang on the back Refugium along with a reactor and then thinking about a reef octopus skimmer to finish it off

I would wait on the refugium, get the reactor and the skimmer first. I think you'll see results faster. Just my opinion.

That is the exact reactor I'm using! I really like it. Im only using a 75 gph pump and I still have to use the valve to turn it down. I use 100 grams of phosban and only change it about once every month and a half.

Back
Top Bottom