My 125 build thread :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry guys this build just slowed down even more my work hours got cut from 32 hours a week to eight on to diff days to four hour shifts i can barley afford to live right now. so i am puting a african chiclid in the tank with a bare bottom and some decorations just so i can watch something swim in it till i find a new job everyone keep a eye out for the build to start back up cause as soon as i get a new job its so on!!

sorry guys this build just slowed down even more my work hours got cut from 32 hours a week to eight on to diff days to four hour shifts i can barley afford to live right now. so i am puting a african chiclid in the tank with a bare bottom and some decorations just so i can watch something swim in it till i find a new job everyone keep a eye out for the build to start back up cause as soon as i get a new job its so on!!
Sorry to hear about the job :( Good luck finding a new one :)

News news news the tank is cycling!!!!! I am starting it off with filters i hung to seed on the 55 two weeks ago few pounds of live rock no substrate yet maybe a couple pounds of ocean sand from petco thats in the 29 gal tank right now..... it prob wont even cover the bottom of the 125 lol :) but at least it will look better till i buy some sand...

ok guys got 40 pounds of argonite sand today will get the rest later its not in budget now but i have been told to put that ocean sand on the bottom i have twenty pounds of it now and its alaready live so that will help with the cycle so i have 60 pounds of sand half of wat i need i will get 40 more as soon as i can but it will be a while..... can it be added after i get fish in tank if i do it carefully.....plus i can always move the fish back to the 55 to add the rest of the sand if i cant do it with them in but hopefully i will have the sand during the cycle period i will try to add pics later i am working on tank now...

its sand that petco sells natures something its cheap really fine sand from the ocean but its dry when ya buy it looks like beach sand to tell ya the truth but it says for reef aquariums but i never liked it i just want to use it on the bottom hopefully it will stay on bottom it did in the 29 gal after i put agronite on top. the 2 20 pound bags i got today are figi pink agronite so all in all i have 60 pounds of sand in tank now looks good too the ocean sand only made a thin layer on bottom tho which is wat i wanted.

oh, i thought it was from the ocean.

yeah, it will get really dirty if it doesnt stay on the bottom. but im afraid that when you gravel the sand, it will get sucked up and mixed around...

yea i had that problem with it in the 29 getting filthy but i added some bigger grain sand to the top and it always stayed under it. not to mention right now their is twice as much figi pink on top of it so it should go anywere lol if anything it will mix in with it which i dont think that would be to bad.....but more than likely i think it will stay underneath it. i am going to make a seperate thread seeing wat everyone thinks...

well here is some pics i have 20 poundsof regular ocean sand and 40 pounds of figi pink and a few pounds of sand from the 55 to seed it all some of my diy rock that i will be using as base rock in the future and three filters iseeded for two weeks on the 55.

What type of PH's do you plan on using? that fine sand can get blown around very easily.

ok guys well i have been swapping water from 55 to 125 some of the sand and plus filter media back and forth i have alot of live rock from the 55 in the 125 and plus i bought a domino damsel sunday morning and put into the tank he is doing well looks healthy already eating i think i may have spead my cylce up alot by doing wat i did with the water rocks filter and a couple pounds of sand from 55 gal reef tank i will be testing its water today listing wat it is on here and asking you if i test it again on wednesday can i add a yellow tang a blue damsel lawnmower bleeny royal grama and a bicolor angel plus alot more live rock from 55 to the tank all at once all of these fish are in my 55 gal tank with two clown fish that will be staying behind with the coral once the 125 is ready for fish, i have set up tanks before and used materials from the 55 and skipped my cycle all together i am thinking i may have with this 125.

just got $100 more to put into the 125 :) my 29 gal tank sold yippie i can buy something else ok i have a few hob filters a heater 60 pounds of sand but i can wait a while for the rest of that its no prob enough live rock for now till i make my diy rock wat should i invest the $100 in is it possible to get a good used protien skimmer for it for 100 ? wat should i get? :)

ok guys tested the nitrate and amonia nitrate came out a little just a little if any over zero amonia came out at zero i have a good bit of live rock and base rock and sand from the 55 gal in there plus filters and some of the water i think the tank has cycled unless i just skipped the cycle which is wat i was aiming for it has loads of worms and snails at night and coepods already the domino damsel is doing well is it safe to add fish now?

Back
Top Bottom