My 12L: An Iwagumi style Nature Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fort384 said:
I feed them ADA nano pellets (relax David and Mark, they came free with an order from AFA, I didn't PAY for them :p). I only feed the tank maybe twice a week.

They school nicely most of the time. Overall, I love them for this style tank. They are tiny, school well, and are brightly colored.

Sinking or floating? How much did you have to spend to get a free $5 thing of food? Haha

floating. I don't know... lol it was over $1000 I am sure, so I guess not really free.

It's also possible to split the output from the canister filter and run it from both sided. It won't give the tank more flow but it can cover a dead spot at the end of a long tank.

I wanted more flow too... one to get rid of dead spots, and 2 because I get biofilm on the tank without it. I have it set opposite the lights and CO2, so it only runs at night, and keeps things kind of stirred up. It looks cleaner just from running for the past 2 nights.

Not yet. It is doing well. No big chAnges. Just watching the crs and CBS colonies grow and the HC continue its eastward march :).

Had a request for some updates, so I took a couple while I was taking pics of the reef.

Not much has changed. Things are going well. CRS and CBS are multiplying, and the HC continues it's Eastward march.

19738-albums2809-picture44816.jpg

19738-albums2809-picture44815.jpg

Why haven't you trimmed the left and used the trimmings to plant the right yet?

Also, I like that little little rogue blyxa on the far right.

Why haven't you trimmed the left and used the trimmings to plant the right yet?

Also, I like that little little rogue blyxa on the far right.

Because I am extremely lazy :)

Believe it or not, all of this HC started from about 3 1/2" stems.

Hey, can you give me some pointers on how to get a luscious HC carpet like that? How small did you make the bunches, and how far apart did you put them? Thanks a lot!

High light, high CO2, ferts, and time :)

The HC here started as 2 tiny little stems with about 5 leaves on each several months ago. If you provide the right environment, it grows like crazy, and it grows fast and thick. The high light is the key to keeping it compact, and the CO2 then becomes a requirement because of the light.

This is from about a week ago... Still marching eastward.

Attachments

• image-2025037022.jpg
    image-2025037022.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom