My 14BioCube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm finally satisfied with my tank. Healthy and growing!

Attachments

• image-2552970398.jpg
    image-2552970398.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 237
I do pwc, 15% weekly. And clean the glass about once a week. That's it. I've gone as long as 10 days between water changes. And I've read where others go 2 weeks between changes. My only real issue is with algae on the glass. Can't stand it crapping up the view.

Yeh. They were fine. I'm sure PWC twice a month is ok. And I've gone away for 3-4 days without anyone checking or feeding. There's enough critters in the tank for my fish to eat. The only thing u need to check on is evaporation rate for your particular tank. After a few weeks you will know how often u need to top it off

Roughly anyway my 175g goes through 5g+ a week depending on weather patterns

U have a lot of surface area with a 175gal. I understand why u lose so much. You're AC must be working overtime to rid that much humidity.
I have a 55Gal freshwater that never needs topping off. It also depends on what sort of covering u have on top. If u have 1 at all. My Bio 14 loses about 1/4 Gal. a week due to evaporation. If I'm gonna be gone a few days, I just raise it above the Max. level line a little. Doesn't hurt anything

No ac I live in canada so there is little to no need for ac. All that's open is the sump on it

Mike-words said:
No ac I live in canada so there is little to no need for ac. All that's open is the sump on it

Well, u save on AC But heating in the winter is another thing. lol. I'm in Ohio so I get smacked in summer and winter. I couldn't keep aquariums without it. I was reading about some guy in jersey or sum place on the east coast that trying. But with the massive temperature swing I don't c how he could keep anything alive. Too expensive a hobby to chance killing everything periodically

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom