my 180 gallon what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I hate what my 2 year old thinks is bubbles and he likes them so I have to keep it. I think I need to move them from the center. Agree????

Nice tank. I would move the bubbles to the side, since you have to keep them.

I'd deffo move the bubbles to the left hand side but tis a great looking tank

I love the rock stack. How are they held in place? I want to do that with my African tank but my fish are constantly rearranging the rocks I've got in there now. I'm afraid to stack them higher than one level because I don't have egg crate under the sand, but I hate having rocks on the bottom then 20" of nothing.

Nice tank, I'll copy everyone and say the rock stack looks great. An idea on the bubbles, put the air stone under a small stack of rock and they should come out from different sides and stuff, looks a little more natural that way. I did this using a piece of coral skeleton and it actually looked pretty sweet.

Rachel0001 said:
I love the rock stack. How are they held in place? I want to do that with my African tank but my fish are constantly rearranging the rocks I've got in there now. I'm afraid to stack them higher than one level because I don't have egg crate under the sand, but I hate having rocks on the bottom then 20" of nothing.
I used ge silicon 1 for Windows and doors. I don't have to worry about it breaking my glass, since it will float and all. But I've done it with real rock too.

Andrew McFadden said:
I used ge silicon 1 for Windows and doors. I don't have to worry about it breaking my glass, since it will float and all. But I've done it with real rock too.

What do you mean float? Is this lightweight fake rock or something? If so, looks realistic!

Ceej said:
What do you mean float? Is this lightweight fake rock or something? If so, looks realistic!
It's fake, I made it out of Styrofoam. I was scared ro put that much real rock in there because of how heavy it is. Just 180 gallons of water is like 1500 pounds without the tank itself.

Out of curiosity, how did you design that rock wall? is there a website that showed you tips on how to do it? I'm definitely interested in doing something like this as I, too, don't want all that extra weight in my tank!

Back
Top Bottom