My 2 New Aquisions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you see the first page where i list all the different foods they can and do eat? I know what their diet should be. I feed a large variety. I don't have 3000 posts but it doesn't mean I'm a fish noob. I have 5 tanks 3 of which are probably older then allot of the members on this site. Their is nothing wrong with giving them feeders. Their called feeders for a reason. You shouldnt eat icecream everyday either but theirs nothing wrong with having a bowl or two a week is their? All fish should have a varity of food. Be it live frozen fruit or veggi.'

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/my-2-new-aquisions-125613.html#post1069642

Last edited:
I'm not saying that you are I just wanted to make sure you were aware, and I thought that was a list of foods they can eat, not the ones that you feed them some of. I'm sorry.

They don't get all of the foods all the time My JD and My 6 Inch Tigar oscar have had most of the foods on the list and i usually have at least 5 different foods on hand for them at all times and swich it up all the time.. Variety is the spice of life. I'm very big into research and like to provide the best care i can to my fish. I'm more of a Stalker then a poster. Ive only every purchased 1 fish without researching him and well needless to say he was dead withing a week :X It was a hill stream loach. But it was unique and in 25 years had never before seen one So it was a impulse buy that i now regret. I do thank you for the advice i did not know what caused that. Ive seen HITH before. Seen it to many times actually. But did not know what it was or what caused it. Always assumed it was To small a tank or fighting.

And yes theirs alot of GF in the tank with them now bc that was my qt tank for the feeders. So they are sharing a home for the next week or so till the 125 is set to go.

Caring for your new dragon goby, Gobioides brousonetti, with pictures

Dragon Goby

Violet goby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dragon Goby,Gobioides broussonetti Profile, with care, maintenance requirements and breeding information for your tropical fish

Dragon Goby: WhoZoo

They might be "ok" in fresh water, but as a responsible fish owner shouldn't you be trying to keep them as close to their natural environment? Just because a critter can "adapt" to other conditions doesn't mean it's good or healthy for them.

Oh, and there's no need to be snarky, you're on an advice site, we're going to give advice if you post. A1 was just trying to help as was I.

Would you want to drink brackish water all the time instead of the fresh water you need?

MMM Brackish water Yummy. Drink it all the time
I don't think thats a Fair Comparison.

Ive found at least 10 different sites that say they will do fine in a freshwater tank. And spoken with a few people who have had them successfully in fw tanks for a long time.

A flew Quotes.

You don't need a brackish tank if your tap water is slightly high. Around 6.8-7.8ph.

Dragon fish are brackish. But will very successfully live in a freshwater tank, if it developed a slime then it must be moved into a brackish or semi brackish tank. I have had mine in a completely freshwater tank for 12 years.,
I cant imagine a unhealthy fish living over 12 years
I wouldn't live 12 years drinking brackish water.

Dragongobies are one of the brackish fish that can live in complete FW if acclimatized over a period of time

Dragon Fish are found in brackish water which is a mixture of freshwater without salt and marine salt water with a lot of salt. Dragon Fish do well in either freshwater or brackish water, which is freshwater with one tablespoon of Aquarium Salt added to each five gallons of freshwater.

The Prehistoric Dragon Goby, also called the Dragon Goby, Eel Goby, Peruvian Goby, or Violet Goby is a brackish water to fresh water fish from South and Central America.

Yes I'm sure you can come up with just as many quotes saying they should be in brackish. But Many Many Many have Lived Successfully in freshwater. If He seems like he is getting sick or having problems ill deal with it.

I'm a firm believer in the the saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I should put my 2 Oscars in a 20 gallon tank. Then you can tell me I'm not being a responsible fish owner. I guarantee my fish are 1000 times healthier then 99% of the fish sold to the hundreds of thousands of people who don't have a clue about fish keeping.

Gotcha.

And I'm sure you also will justify LFSs selling all brackish, wild caught fish as fresh.

I think it's a very fair comparison when you consider these guys are wild caught from areas where the salinity will vary due to tidal changes. There is always salt in their natural environment but at a different specific gravity depending. Being in a tank is not any creatures natural environment, I agree, but again, if we're going to own them, least we can do is try and make it as close to how they actually lived a few months before a supplier caught them. Notice, caught them, not bred them. Wild caught, not tank raised. See what I'm getting at?

Regardless, I stand my ground that keeping a creature from a certain type of water system in one that they were not meant to be in is irresponsible.

Done.

Gotcha.

And I'm sure you also will justify LFSs selling all brackish, wild caught fish as fresh.

I think it's a very fair comparison when you consider these guys are wild caught from areas where the salinity will vary due to tidal changes. There is always salt in their natural environment but at a different specific gravity depending. Being in a tank is not any creatures natural environment, I agree, but again, if we're going to own them, least we can do is try and make it as close to how they actually lived a few months before a supplier caught them. Notice, caught them, not bred them. Wild caught, not tank raised. See what I'm getting at?

Regardless, I stand my ground that keeping a creature from a certain type of water system in one that they were not meant to be in is irresponsible.

Done.
(y)

We tried to help you but you kept being stubborn and rude. You apparently came to this site for advice, so why are you ignoring it?

What was stubborn and rude about what i said? Just because i disagreed doesn't make it stubborn or rude It means i have my OWN opinion. If i came off as rude i apologies. I Read what i wrote and don't see anything i consider rude.

Hence why i linger and don't post.

Back to my good Ol self

Back
Top Bottom