My 200 mbuna tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just restacked some of the rocks. I plan to do like you said when I stock the tank. As much as I hate to say it I think I am going to stick with mbunas. There are just not any sa or ca to be found near me. I got the fish out of my 55 in it now an going to add my labs and red zebras this weekend. I am going to stock my 86 g tank with demasoni.

Attachments

• image-2650432602.jpg
    image-2650432602.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2671612573.jpg
    image-2671612573.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image-4060402908.jpg
    image-4060402908.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 81
Still need some big boulders IMO, there's allot of great places to buy CA/SA cichlids online. Don't go to the darkside!

What do you conceder boulders. Compared to what softball soccer ball basketball

Right around soccer ball maybe a little smaller.

I know a place I can go look. I will make you and Hukit happy with my scape if it kills me. I need some fake plants in there to help fill it out. I think that will help as well.

For me personally I'd say no, I find Mbuna and peacocks boring anymore. I moved on to Central American cichlids and livebearers. You could always try some Thorichtys or Cryptotheros in the 55.

I am going to get some money together and get some ca's I believe. Will let you guys know what I am looking at when I get ready to pull the trigger. Also, is there anything that I need to do specially for Central American cichlids?? Ph level stuff like that.

Cryptoheros is by far my favorite genus, I breed.

Cutteri.
Sajica.
Chetumalensis.
Septemfasciatus.
Mrynae.
Honduran sp.
Panamensis.
Nanoletues.

do you sell any of your fish? would like to get some from you knowing the quality of what you keep

Went to rift Vally exotics today and Jon had some awesome looking cichlids. I picked up 8 yellow top mbabas. They are good healthy looking fish. Haven't put them into my big tank yet they are in the 86 I built. The labs and zebras seemed ok with the addition. Pics to follow in the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom