My 20G Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shame on you... lol! If you have them you might as well use them or it's just money sitting there wasted. This was your morning pep talk to get moving girl!

Well, I was going to mix up the nutrients this weekend, but time got away from me.

Currently battling gunk... everywhere (see this thread here).

Lost my female peaock gudgeon last night. :( Was there when she died. When I was doing a WC, I noticed she was really really skinny. I put her in the fry net to isolate her and tried feeding her some food. I never see the gudgeons very much (they hide a lot).

She passed about 4 hours after I moved her to the net inside the same tank. I have no idea what happened. She was just really, really skinny.

So, in the past few months I've lost a yellow fancy guppy (two red dots on him), the red fancy guppy (no idea there - just found dead one morning) and now my female peacock gudgeon. I don't feel like the deaths are related at all. At least I'm not seeing a pattern of anything. Oh, lost the kuhlis, too. They both seemed to go quick - both died within two weeks.

What's still around? All seven of my glowlight tetras (they were the first inhabitants and not ONE has died), my dwarf gourami, one male fancy guppy, three Japan blue guppies (all male), one male peacock gudgeon, three nerite snails, one mystery snail.

Some fish just aren't don't thrive. Remember you have no idea how many dealers hands and places they were before getting to the retail store. It is just too much for many fish. Some species just can handle it better than others. This isn't as uncommon as you think.

Some fish just aren't don't thrive. Remember you have no idea how many dealers hands and places they were before getting to the retail store. It is just too much for many fish. Some species just can handle it better than others. This isn't as uncommon as you think.

I don't worry about it too much. I do my best and try to learn as much as possible. I'm not keen on dumping stuff in to the tank when I have no idea what's wrong with a fish.

My LFS wasn't kidding when they recommended glowlight tetras as good starter/hardy fish! I like them, too :)

Back
Top Bottom