my 29g planted build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What size tank did you use it in?

It's 29GL. Used it as SpeedEuphoria said... use overdose 2-3x. It wont hurt my strimps and kill all BBA and some other algaes too. I also installed DIY reactor with a Rio powerhead. The plants start growing good. I dont have any BBA but still some green spots on the glass. I have 4 algae eatting fish and they like eatting the green spots but i still have to clean the glass....

my local pet stores are lacking in good plants. can i get good plants sent to me from on line supplyers? I want some good fore ground plants.

I want to order some foreground plant too. I searched around and see this one look good. Glossostigma (Glossostigma elatinoides)

But i think foreground need some light (i think at least 2 - 2.5 W/ gl) as if you lack of light they may grow up, but not cover the bottom as you want.
so I'll wait to see how my plants growing first. (I did kill so many plants before I got my 65W current us light for my 29GL)...

ok first pic is one week ago, second one is last night, and last one is today. first time i have done any real plant trimming. with ferts and co2 thou some of my plants are growing like crazy. the ones on the right are growing about an inch a day so i put those clippings in the middle.

Attachments

• 09 29 08_0134_edited-1.jpg
    09 29 08_0134_edited-1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 10 04 08_0139_edited-1.jpg
    10 04 08_0139_edited-1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 10 05 08_0145_edited-1.jpg
    10 05 08_0145_edited-1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 51
Lookin Good!!

Soon you'll need to start another tank or sell/throw away plants, lol.

quick update.

things are going great. i cut the lighting from 10hours to 8 hours and the algee is slowly going away. my plants for the most part are growing faster then my weekly maintance. i cut them back on sunday and by thursday they are back to the top of the tank.

in shrimp related news i have atleast 3 very dark red, very fat shrimp so more babies coming soon. i know some if not most of the babies have been surviving. i see them swimming around in the mornings when i wake up.

in fish related news i have a very funny tank. my neons and glo lights all swim together. not in a tight school but they definitly hang out. and then i have 3 cories, 3 ottos, and 1 gbr who spend an hour or 2 every day swimming together. its the funniest thing. the cories and ottos will swim up and down and then across the tank weavign in and out of each other when the grb joins in. problem is he is like the clutz of the group. its cool to see the 3 diffrent species play with each other.

he occasionally chases the smaller ones butseems to rarely cath them. and he could care less about the bigger ones.

been alittle while since i have posted. not much going on with the tank. had some eggs couple of weeks ago and they quickly got eatten. got some more eggs this week and so far they havent been touched. other then that just letting the tank do its thing.

here are some pictures

1. fts
2. dinner party
3. bad pic of some of my shrimp
4. bad picture of some of the eggs(the eggs are the little patch almost dead center. not the water stain on the background)

Attachments

• 10 27 08_0147_edited-1.jpg
    10 27 08_0147_edited-1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 10 25 08_0151_edited-1.jpg
    10 25 08_0151_edited-1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 10 12 08_0158_edited-1.jpg
    10 12 08_0158_edited-1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 10 19 08_0157_edited-1.jpg
    10 19 08_0157_edited-1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 60
Do you have any snails in the tank? The only fish that I know of that would lay eggs on the glass that you have are the cory cats.
i have snails and corys. the eggs are everywhere thou not just on the glass. mostly underside of plants with a couple spots on glass.

Back
Top Bottom