My 30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gpsdrew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my 30 gallon chichlid tank. I just made an account here so i thought i would show everyone my tank. I have one blue chichlid and one yellow. Can anyone tell me what type they are? What do you think about my tank?

Oh, I also have a really big tiger barb that is about 16 months old!

Attachments

• image-2050201668.jpg
    image-2050201668.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 104
  • image-75032075.jpg
    image-75032075.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2846369519.jpg
    image-2846369519.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image-630638504.jpg
    image-630638504.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3463816265.jpg
    image-3463816265.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 98
Malawi Freak said:
Blue one is a maingano and the other is a red zebra.

That tiger barb does not belong in there.

Yes i will have to agree now that im at a computer and can blow the picture up i can see it better sry about the old post hard to see on the phone

Thanks. The tiger barb does just fine since he is almost as big as the cichlids themselves. however he is very old and is starting to fade so i don't think he has much time left anyway. :(

Hi! Welcome to AA!

The blue cichlid could be a Johanni cichlid or a maingano.

A possible reason for the tiger barb's loss in color is because of the stress.

First, malawi cichlids are very aggressive and should not be mixed with non-african cichlids.
Second, tiger barbs need to be put in a school of at least six otherwise it would be very stressed out.

And also malawi cichlids deserve at least a 55g since they are very active fishes.

Hope you enjoy yourself here! :)

The chichlids also have spots on their bottom back fin. Is this normal or some type of parasite i need to treat?

Gpsdrew said:
The chichlids also have spots on their bottom back fin. Is this normal or some type of parasite i need to treat?

Its called an egg spot its perfectly normal

What is the egg spot? I know that they did not always have this. Does it mean they are pregnant because they have also made little burrows in the gravel beneath some shells.

The males usually get the egg spot but both can get it and what ever one is moving the gravel or sand is the male he makes it for the female

Cichlids will arrange you sand and decorations how they see fit. I have had mounds of sand appear overnight and then when I get home from work, said mound is on the opposite side of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom