My 30 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yuppers they are! All swords, hornwort( back right) bannana plant ( cleverly hidden I front) and an Anubis to the left front by the DW

Edit: tell me, are Cory's supposed to be this big?( he's like 4x the size of all the others)

View attachment 90092

Bubbles0oO said:
Yuppers they are! All swords, hornwort( back right) bannana plant ( cleverly hidden I front) and an Anubis to the left front by the DW

Edit: tell me, are Cory's supposed to be this big?( he's like 4x the size of all the others)

He's not a Cory. I think you have an "emerald green" they are actually a Brochis. Cories larger cousin. Longer snout and up to 4".

Looked closer at your fish's dorsal fin. My mistake, she is probably a big female Corydoras aeneus. Common name: Bronze Cory.

How large is she ? Females are bigger and broader. Are all your Cories same species ?? I forget.

I had a peppered Cory that dwarfed all my other ones. It just kept getting bigger then one day I found him dead out of nowhere. I don't know if it had some condition or what

Bubbles0oO said:
Hmm, will the size be a problem in the future?
And it's PFS.

I couldn't tell you that. I don't know if there was anything wrong or if it was a coincidence that he just died out of nowhere. I've only been in the hobby for about 5 or 6 months.

The sword could possibly outgrow you tank but who knows. I've seen a variety of sizes but it'll probably take awhile. I like your tank though! Make sure you get tabs for the swords if you just went sand substrate. Even if you had some planting substrate it's not enough nutrients alone to sustain it. I don't want you to get any deficiencies like I did because I didn't have any tabs yet.

Yuppers I got tabs when I went to the LFS , I'll put them in tomorrow. Teah they will eventually out grow the tank. I'll just move them to my 55 g then. When they out grow that I'll sell it and buy a smaller one lol. I also bought some actual cardnial Tetras at the LFS too. Will a group of 5 neons and 6 cards be too much of a bio load with the pair of angels and the corycats?

Yuppers I got tabs when I went to the LFS , I'll put them in tomorrow. Teah they will eventually out grow the tank. I'll just move them to my 55 g then. When they out grow that I'll sell it and buy a smaller one lol. I also bought some actual cardnial Tetras at the LFS too. Will a group of 5 neons and 6 cards be too much of a bio load with the pair of angels and the corycats?

Sounds like a good plan (y)

Doesn't sound like too much to me. Just be careful with the cards and neons with the angels. As the angels get bigger they might become food. But if you have a bigger tank you could always move them.

Yeah if the angels pick on the neons I'll just move the neons, they will be fine in my 55 g I have an angel in there but he Dosent eat the fry ( same size of the tetras) just ignores them. ,

Bubbles0oO said:
Hmm, will the size be a problem in the future?
And it's PFS.

Her dorsal fin was key. To tell me what species she is. And as long as she stays under 4" a 30g should be fine. Female C aeneus get to 3". Males about 2.5". So very close to B splendens in size and color, but different fins. And a big female Brochis is bigger than a Cory.
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=51

All Cories are peaceful so even if she's bigger she won't hurt the others.

Cool! I was worried he would have a huge bio load. I plan to pick up some angelfish Next weekend. Is it normal for the API root tabs to dissolve into a powder after In he water?

Bubbles0oO said:
Cool! I was worried he would have a huge bio load. I plan to pick up some angelfish Next weekend. Is it normal for the API root tabs to dissolve into a powder after In he water?

Angels in a 30g ??? Kinda small to me. I kept mine in a 55g. They may have too much attitude in a small tank and they need room to grow. I just saw a vid on YouTube of a 30g with Angels and the owner said they had to move the Angels due to fighting too much in a confined space.
JMHO.

I am only getting 3-4 so I can get a pair. I will sell the others and keep the pair.

Back
Top Bottom