My 55 gal community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lydia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone! I bought a 55gal already established freshwater tank about 4 months ago. I always had a fish tank growing up and loved it so i decided to buy one. Some of these fish came with the tank and others i saw at my lfs and had to buy them. I now know it is crucial to research the fish before you buy them but didnt do so when i first got started. Not to mention there is so much info online that just totally contradicts itself i am a little confused. This Is what I have in there right now...

1 mystis catfish... About 7"
1 African butterfly
1 poly seredonis "dinosaur eel" about 4"
2 medium sized angels
4 platys
2 Siamese algae eaters (which are false according to what I have researched)
1 "zebra" pleco according to lfs but it's not.
1 scissortail
1 pristella
1 blood parrot cichlid

Some of these fish came with the tank setup and my friend just bought me the parrot cichlid. I heard cichlids are very aggressive. Will he hurt my other fish?? Any opinions welcome. I am curious to see what you all have to say. Thanks!!!

most cichlids are very dangerous and will eventually kill your fish
this one is the balloon one?
those are more timid
you should just watch him, as long as he is not big you might be able to get them to live together
as long as they dont fit in his mouth OR are fast enough that he cant catch them, should be no problems

My lfs told me that these tend to pick a territory and guard it and that it shouldn't bother anyone who is bigger than him. He is certainly one of the smaller fish in the tank. I am unsure if he is a bubble or not. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for your help!!

Here's a pic of him. He is very shy still so it's hard to get a good one.

Attachments

• image-3824092671.jpg
    image-3824092671.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 92
thats pretty
he has the standard mouth, not the chubby mouth so he could bite
I wouldnt worry about it, your tank looks to have plenty of crevices

Ok cool. Thanks! I'll def keep an eye on him though. And you're right. I have lots of places to hide in my tank. I really appreciate the input!

Back
Top Bottom