My 55 gallon tank redone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would suggest two tanks. Your stock is not good at all.

Everyone gets along well the frontosa is only there until my mom gets her new tank. I don't get how the stock is wrong besides the frontsa? ph is a 6.8 which is perfect for all the fish minus the two I already mentioned. So can someone tell me how my stock is wrong

Everyone gets along well the frontosa is only there until my mom gets her new tank. I don't get how the stock is wrong besides the frontsa? ph is a 6.8 which is perfect for all the fish minus the two I already mentioned. So can someone tell me how my stock is wrong
well clown knifes get over a foot. I've heard from a couple places they need at least 200 gallons but that seems a little high to me, 150 gallons would probably suffice but don't hold me to it. Frontosa also need to be in groups and can also get about a foot. They need at very least 180 gallons. Discus also need pristine water and with that stock they'd probably get beat up a bunch. Discus also get fairly large and with how many of the discus and angels you have that alone would probably require over 100 gallons. Very nice tank! Just inappropriate stock.

My water quality is perfect as I had cichlids in there before as the bioload was very high so the bioload isn't a problem on the tank. I already know that the clown knife can reach up to 24inchs in a tank. He is currently a little over 10inchs the 75 gallon will give him room to grow till he is 18 inches long then a I will need a 6 foot tank in case of him growing any larger. All the fish get along together the blood parrot and frontosa are the only two that will need to be moved because they get aggressive with age. The clown knife and discus and angles will always be fin together because of there size they won't fit in the clown knifes mouth. A lot of research went into the setup and upkeep of this tank.

My water quality is perfect as I had cichlids in there before as the bioload was very high so the bioload isn't a problem on the tank. I already know that the clown knife can reach up to 24inchs in a tank. He is currently a little over 10inchs the 75 gallon will give him room to grow till he is 18 inches long then a I will need a 6 foot tank in case of him growing any larger. All the fish get along together the blood parrot and frontosa are the only two that will need to be moved because they get aggressive with age. The clown knife and discus and angles will always be fin together because of there size they won't fit in the clown knifes mouth. A lot of research went into the setup and upkeep of this tank.

Frontosa need hard water with a high ph. Discus need soft water with a low ph. I have both african cichlids and discus. This is comming from experience.

Already said besides the frontosa already know that. He is only in there for a little till my mom gets her tank setup

Back
Top Bottom