My 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhullandermn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys here's my 55 gallon. I have pretty good looking Dempsey's in there and 2 fm cichlid. They actually get along really well. The small Dempsey and fm and large Dempsey and fm hang out together lol. I'll need to get another 55 soon though as they are getting larger :) :) :)

That on top is natural filter I'm working on. With it I only ever need to add water to the system and scrubadub dub the sides. I have some random house plant and bamboo growing now. Though it was tough to get going it works awesome now! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416892216.955704.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416892216.955704.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416892275.338466.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416892730.944315.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416892750.243884.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Id watch out. Nice setup you got there, but you have multiple jack dempseys. Once they get to sexual maturity, theres no promise to what they might do. Also, if your jack dempseys are both males, chances are theyll fight to death. Good luck to you though and thats a beautiful setup!

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

They're just little guys right now so they're fine. Just waiting for a good deal to popup on Craigslist to pick up another tank.

I have a magnum 350 filter and two
Penguin 300gph power heads.

Do you think it would be ok to run one power head per tank on a single canister filter?

I also would have the natural filter thing but I would like to be able to remove it if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom