My 55g after rescape.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any suggestions? I'm not a fan of the fake plant up front but it helps break line of sight and helps the little ones hide.

Also water is a little cloudy from just moving things around

it looks pretty good,but i would get smaller fake plants,it looks really crowded

I dont like plants in mine and the crowded look.......

My tank
ForumRunner_20120826_182533.jpg

My sons tank
ForumRunner_20120826_182638.jpg

I like your tank it looks very well constructed

My honest opinion.

Take all the fake plants out. Do a nice rock scape in the back and sides. Keep everything towards the back and leave the front open for free swimming. The rock scape will give enough places to hide and the free swimming area will give you a nice viewing of your fish.

image-1670650392.jpg

image-3000123179.jpg

image-2878050858.jpg

Notice the back and sides for hiding but the front in some spots has up to 8" of open free swimming space. This is just my opinion. But I think your fish will be happier.

Just moved a lot of the plants and took three out. I left a few just cause they add color but what do ya think now? And yea I agree it gives way more space for swimming!

Thanks for all the input! Love this place! Such great info

And convict what size is your tank! And how many fish are in there? Looks awesome

Thanks. Let's see some other tanks for more ideas please! Love the picture posting

Looks ALOT better IMO. more natural also. You wanna try and give them open swimming space in the front for you to view them all and for them to enjoy the "free swim" so to speak.

I like it.

My tank is a 75 gallon mixed African Cichlid tank with 38 Cichlids, 6 Botia loaches, 1 Synodontis, 1 featherfin and 1 Pleco.

ajcile612 said:
Thanks. Let's see some other tanks for more ideas please! Love the picture posting

Here is some more for ideas except I think your looks great now ;)

52693-albums2955-picture41395.jpg

52693-albums2955-picture41551.jpg

52693-albums2955-picture41405.jpg

This is mine.. All fake plants now because that's all I had.. Plus I have a bunch of 1 inch fry..

I have real plants cultivating in my 10 gallon right now.. Got some anubias & java ferns. :)

Attachments

• image-2697657977.jpg
    image-2697657977.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 78
What kind of live plant doctor guys suggest for a cichlid tank?

ajcile612 said:
What kind of live plant doctor guys suggest for a cichlid tank?

See the two types listed above your post and that's about it. Some people can get away with plants and some cant. I was one of the ones that couldnt. I went from real to fake to none lol. There are some people here that have no problems with plants and I know some that got away with it till the Cichlids got bigger. It's hard to say if you'll get away with them or not till you try

Last edited:
Andrew McFadden said:
See the two types listed above your post and that's about it. Some people can get away with plants and some cant. I was one of the ones that couldnt. I went from real to fake to none lol. There are some people here that have no problems with plants and I know some that got away with it till the Cichlids got bigger. It's hard to say if you'll get away with them or not till you try

I know what you mean.. I just started my 10 gallon to try & get them to
Grow in there first.. Cause I knew cichlids would Up root them as the grew older.. Plus anubias & java ferns can attach themselves to rock/DW.. The only plant I'm concerned about is I am wanting to do some kind of large amazon swords partially along the back.. To add some kind of depth.. But depends on how I do my rockwork when my fry grow up..

Back
Top Bottom