My 55g Another beginner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desastre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I learned about fishless cycle pretty late but I did start this tank with my old 20g hob at first so that helped me out a but. A month in a half later it's finally at good parameters I believe at least lol.
Ammo 0
Trite 0
Trate 5
I have java ferns crypts and an anubias. I'm using two aquaclear 50 for filtration. My lighting is two 40w t-12 6000k I believe that's how you say it. I use prime for pwc. Root tabs and flourish excel for the plants. So far my stock is
2 Dalmatian Molly-Spot, Tops
3 Neon Tetra- The Minions
4 Peppered Cory- Frenzy Crew
3 Mickey Mouse Platty-Mickey, Minnie, Mouse
2 Otto- House Keeping
5 Nerite Snails
? Mts
Wife names the fish lol
I know I have to add more neons and maybe 2 more cores which im a huge fan of but just wanted to wait for tank to be cycled before risking anymore lives. Only lost one Molly during my cycle process knock on wood. Anyone have any other suggestions for another group of fish to add or maybe like the centerpiece fish that goes with my setup.

Attachments

• image-568133477.jpg
    image-568133477.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 188
  • image-1622772470.jpg
    image-1622772470.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 164
  • image-3313362682.jpg
    image-3313362682.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 174
2 suggestions first black background it will help make things pop and second as a center piece fish go with a dwarf gourami

I'll see if my lfs has the dwarf gourami. I live in PR so some fish need to really be searches for sad enough and buying online usually isn't an option since they don't deliver here. I will see if I can talk the wife inti the background she shot me down when I put a blue one up lol. Just wondering also I was thinking of doin a java moss wall or maybe a sword plant but I don't believe my lights are good enough for a sword looking at plantgeek.com but I want some other plant back there.

I have a java wall for a 55g its finally coming around its been up for a month now.... Their a pain doing one that big but well worth it when done and in the tank...ps lots of java moss lol

FWIW, I had a couple of amazon swords under a 15w in my 16g and one shot a runner off with 4 babies on it. You could try it and see. I agree with the background suggestion as well.

Going to pass by a lfs that's a bit further away but has a bigger plant selection tomorrow to see what I can find.

So for my center piece fish I decided to go with a male betta which surprising enough doing quite well in the tank. I have lost 3 dalmation mollys though and after reading up I came to the conclusion I wouldn't keep anymore bc they seem to do a bit better with a little salt in the water. Ammo n trites at 0 trates at 5ppm.
So my stock is now
1 Dalmatian Molly
7 Neon Tetra
5 Peppered Cory
3 Mickey Mouse Platty
2 Otto
1 Bristlenose Pleco
1 Male Betta
4 Nerite Snails
? Mts

In a 55g. Was wondering what other fish to add from here. I enjoy corys and believe I'm going to get two more otto. Also I have some assassin snails and aes on the way. So any suggestions for other fish.

Attachments

• image-2241704103.jpg
    image-2241704103.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image-855557855.jpg
    image-855557855.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-120569224.jpg
    image-120569224.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 78
Back
Top Bottom