My 75 looking for some feedback from fresh eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DFost

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 75 have had fish in for about 2 months now still liking it myself but as many know always contemplating rock placement looking for some feedback what everyone else thinks of the current rock scaping?

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 336
Hi, i have a few suggestions. I assume your tank is not fully stocked but it looks like the fish dont have much place to swim because of the dence rock pile in the middle. I see a tang and a butterflyfish, bothare pretty big swimmers. I would take your rocks out and try and create a more open scape. You dont have to use all o the rock you have in there, you want more space. I would go with maybe a rock pile on one side withba sand bed/river in the middle, and on the other side be creative! Mine took me 3 hours to do, so be picky and take your time

What is your lbs per gallon in there cause that does look pretty full

And yeah I definatley spent hours on the arranging being too picky at times I thought lol. I had moved rock out into a new tank a few weeks back and wasnt happy with the looks of the 75 after I did, so I went and got 50 lbs of live rock and added it back. The tang and butterflies actually seem to like to dash in and out through the formation sometimes as most of it is pretty open behind the large rocks used as base. I will def keep an eye on the swimming habits and patterns tho, thanks for the feedback much appreciated

If you aren't going the coral route id remove 10-25 lbs and do what Nu-nu said and open up the middle some. Thats how I scaped my tank

ts actually probably closer to 125 now that I think of it, I didnt purchase all the rock at once and have moved some from one tank to another at one point

I added more rock hoping to go coral in this tank, now that I have the 55 given the 75 has a ton more surface area, I just have a ton more research to d before I do add any coral and want my 55 to be more established before I move some of these fish out of here and into there

Do you have the lighting already? If that's what your doing then id say maybe just rescape a lil bit to give a more varied top shelf

Also that would be to close to the top of the water for coral growth plus when you do water changes it'll expose the top of the rock so have to take that into consideration when place coral

thats a great point didnt even consider being too high for water changes, and no do not have the lighting yet, LED lighting and a skimmer are my next big buys the old skimmer I had broke so have to get a new skimmer as well before I take the plunge, and like I said I have a ton more researching on here and other sources before I think about buying a first coral, I will have to sit back and figure out what rocks to move to the 55 and which ones to keep thanks to everyone for the input

DFost said:
thats a great point didnt even consider being too high for water changes, and no do not have the lighting yet, LED lighting and a skimmer are my next big buys the old skimmer I had broke so have to get a new skimmer as well before I take the plunge, and like I said I have a ton more researching on here and other sources before I think about buying a first coral, I will have to sit back and figure out what rocks to move to the 55 and which ones to keep thanks to everyone for the input

No problem keep us posted :)

Ok It looked like it in a way but I have one and have been looking into making one but don't know how

Robbiesamp said:
Ok It looked like it in a way but I have one and have been looking into making one but don't know how

No that's my HUGE 6 bulb tek elite. Covers the whole tank and even hangs a lil off the edges on the beginning of the curve by an inch or two lol

This is how I have mine for my fish which includes a tang. They love it.

image-3741875914.jpg

You can't see it but it is full of tunnels that they can swim through and the back is open.

Back
Top Bottom