My 90 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Received check valves and drop checker today. Tomorrow I plan on firing this baby up....Wheew Hooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Burpples‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
Hardest part is figuring out this dang timer.

Got the timer on the CO2 regulator working and programmed for everyday of the week with the same schedule.
Think I'll pick up another of the same timer to put on the lights. Maybe I'll wait and just use the mechanical one for now.
That GLA diffuser is straight up dope.
That mist is so fine that when it comes out thru the spraybar you can't tell I have it running.
But if it's not going into the Fluval intake it distributes tee-niney (that's a word right?) burples by the freaking millions. It literally looks like a cloud of dust going across the tank.

Got the timer on the CO2 regulator working and programmed for everyday of the week with the same schedule.
Think I'll pick up another of the same timer to put on the lights. Maybe I'll wait and just use the mechanical one for now.
That GLA diffuser is straight up dope.
That mist is so fine that when it comes out thru the spraybar you can't tell I have it running.
But if it's not going into the Fluval intake it distributes tee-niney (that's a word right?) burples by the freaking millions. It literally looks like a cloud of dust going across the tank.

Sounds awesome Dale...timer was a lil tricky huh.
Sometimes the mech timers run just a bit slow & require looking in on from time to time.

sit in silence...

The drop checker instructions told me to use tank water and 3-4 drops of the PH solution that came with it. I know the KH is much higher than 4* in my tank water so I tried distilled water and that was just as bad the other way.
Spent the time and made up a batch of 4dKH solution last night for the drop checker. Seems to be such a waste to make soo much and only need 5ml. I bottled enough to save and be able to change it every week if I want.
No wonder people sell it. When you make soo much of it for a 5ml sample....lol
All is good now!

Why.. i don't understand those directions...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I made a batch in a mason jar, then put some in a dropper bottle. Seemed the easiest way to go.

I used the method that makes a 2 liter bottle worth. I saved a few small bottles and a partial 2 liter for future use. Maybe I'll change it with every PWC.
Worked like a charm though.

Going to visit family so thru 4x ferts at it today.
Timers on co2 and lights.
Auto feeder filled up and appears to be working.
Tank cleaned and PWC done.
Fingers crossed.
Merry Christmas to all‼️

Technical difficulties have stricken.
I returned and walked in to "GREEN"
The timer was in the "ON" mode instead of "auto".
I been gone since last weekend.
Way too much light‼️‼️‼️
Serious cleaning commencing.
BBA and Green algae.
Everything is coming out for a thorough scrubbing and dipping with a 50%+ PWC......NOW
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451165461.726628.jpg

Technical difficulties have stricken.
I returned and walked in to "GREEN"
The timer was in the "ON" mode instead of "auto".
I been gone since last weekend.
Way too much light‼️‼️‼️
Serious cleaning commencing.
BBA and Green algae.
Everything is coming out for a thorough scrubbing and dipping with a 50%+ PWC......NOW
View attachment 282522

Been there. A few years back I left the timer in the "ON" mode for 8 days. Fortunately it was a low light fixture. Only a bad case of hair algae.
You may have to run shortened light periods for several days. Maintain your fert routine.

Wish you were closer, I'd bring some shrimp, nerites and a BN pleco over for a free for all. XD They'd have a field day/week.

Been extremely busy and this is where I am now.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451182118.308404.jpg
Lost some plants and only saved some clippings of some.
The pogostemon octopus went nuts in the 20L so I took big clippings and put them in this one too for now.

Ey Daley! you need some jungle val in that bad boy!! Question.. EBA's.. does your male get extra dark gill plates after a good meal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom