My angels - cd case mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ducatiman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm sick of losing my angel eggs due to them laying on the filter pipe which I can't remove. The eggs get guzzled by my plecs at night. So modified a cd case with a removal sucker and attached to filter pipe and hey presto. Gonna remove it later tonight and bring them on in another tank.

By the way, they lay every 10 days. U can set ur watch by them!!!

Attachments

• image-3988282264.jpg
    image-3988282264.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 143
I might try this with my corydoras and see if it works.. they always lay on the sides of the glass and my gourami snacks on them. Thanks for sharing!

That is awesome. Excellent idea!

Redruckus, even if you have slate/shale, the angels will still lay eggs where they choose and it can be hard to get them to pick a new place once they choose a laying site. I have multiple pieces of slate, but my angels would rather lay eggs on the filter intake tube.

Just get a heater suction cup with the clip that goes round the heater. Stick it to the cd with the suction side and clip and other part to the filter tube.

Just get a heater suction cup with the clip that goes round the heater. Stick it to the cd with the suction side and clip and other part to the filter tube.
I rubber-banded a plant to the in-take tube so they would lay eggs on the plant leaves instead of the in-take tube. Ugly, but functioning.:)

Good plan. Iv got slate in there as well but it's filter tube every time. Eggs are now in a tank with some aeration and meth blue so fingers crossed. Only a few White ones today.

Good plan. Iv got slate in there as well but it's filter tube every time. Eggs are now in a tank with some aeration and meth blue so fingers crossed. Only a few White ones today.
Awesome! Good luck! I currently have a few wigglers. I only took a few eggs out of the community so I wouldn't be overrun with fry. :)

I got wrigglers. Funny story. Moved my cd case with eggs to spare tank, put some meth blue in, only a dozen went White, but put my air stone a little to close to eggs and as they started to wriggle it blew them off. Well thought I better try and gather them up, but they stick to everything. I used a bit of air hose and sucked them up then sput them into a submerged lid. What a job but hopefully worth it.

Oh man, that is qute the effort. I am still waiting for my wigglers to be free swimming. The wait is hard on may patience!

Lol i know, my lab is holding nd she turns just so i can see in her mouth, i wanna see em but nooooooo

Ok I got loads of rigglers. Just spent my last hour cleaning floor etc of tank in prep for the free swimmers. Is real parenting as time consuming as this lol!!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom