My beagle might have prostate cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
Please say some prayers to whatever God you believe in for my Beagle. We thought he had kidney stones but now they think it may be prostate cancer. It's possible that it is just a nasty prostate infection or some type of prostatitis. They are doing a test today so they will know for sure. I should find out the results on Monday. But I have been looking up treatments for prostate cancer in dogs and the information I have found so far isn't so positive. So I'm really hoping it's just an infection.

I love the big smelly eared bastard and he is only seven so I'm not ready to lose him anytime soon.

This must be a very difficult time for you and your family, Beagle included. You can count on my prayers Talloulou. By the way, what is his name?

praying for your household...

My thoughts are and prayers are with you and your family.

This is tuff! We went had a cancer battle with my Shar pei a few years ago. I know what you and your family are going through. You just get so attached to those darn pets! They become a member of the family.

Please keep us updated on the findings.

Thoughts and wishes with yout pooch...and if Lance Armstrong can overcome testicular cancer to win multiple TDFs, a beagle can beat pristate cancer, I'm sure. :wink:

Well Snoop had his test done today and they drained his bladder as well. (His prostrate is so large that he isn't able to really pee....just kinda drip.)

Anyway the vet said the lab is open on Saturdays so she should have his results tomorrow morning. So at least we won't have to wait all weekend till Monday to understand what's going on.

Thanks for all your prayers!

Here's a pic of the poor fella. The pic is a few years old but it's the only Snoop pic I have on the computer. He's the one on the left.

I hope everything works out for your baby. Your family is in my thoughts.

The lab wasn't able to give the test results to my vet's office before they closed Saturday so now we have to wait till Monday :(

My Basset hounds, Dudley and Minnie, are slinging "Healing Drool" out to Snoop. We all hope he'll be ok.

Well I called the vet first thing this morning and they have Snoops test results but they wouldn't give them to me. The Dr. was in with another appointment and she will call me as soon as she can........aaargh! "Not knowing" is very hard.

Well Snoop has prostate cancer. :cry: And the vet is kind of getting on my nerves cause she hasn't given us a suggestion yet on what should be done. She is going to call us back after she takes another look at his x-rays.

I have been searching the internet thoroughly though and the prognosis for prostate cancer in dogs is bad. There doesn't seem to be any successful treatments so I'm not sure why the vet is taking so long to tell us that.

Anyway now my husband and I are arguing. I have been trying to prepare him for the most likely scenario, in my opinion, that the vet will likely recommend we put Snoop down. He is dead set against that and believes nature should take its course and Snoop should die naturally.

However Snoop can't poop, pee, and he isn't really eating. He shakes alot. And he sometimes appears dizzy with a weird gait. If the vet can help with some of these symptoms and make him more comfortable then I would be inclined to agree with my husband.

However if she doesn't have any suggestions/meds/or anything to help him then I just feel like he is suffering and we should put him down. My husband and I are never going to see eye to eye on this and it makes everything worse. And I feel like a villain.

I feel so bad for you. It's not an easy decision but sometimes, it's the only one. I just came back from having one of my dogs put down. :sorry: :bawl: She had mammary cancer. Add that to the fact that she was 15 yrs old and was loosing control of her facilities, deaf and partially blind, I did what I thought was best for her. It's very, very hard but, it was necessary. My thoughts are with you and Snoop. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom