My betta fish is sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spacelizard

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday, I was cleaning my betta fish's tank like I always do. I put him in a small bowl with a lid with a hole in the center for air. After I changed the water I let him sit in the bowl for a couple hours before floating the bowl in the water to let the temperature adjust. I went to my room while he was in the bowl and later a friend told me he didn't see the fish anywhere, we searched and I found him dried up on the ground. He must have jumped out and been on the ground for up to two hours. He wouldn't respond to anything, so eventually we assumed he must be dead. In retrospect it was stupid of me not to try putting him back in the water. We didn't have a way to bury him so we went to put him in the toilet but he immediately came back to life and started swimming. We rescued him from the toilet and immediately put him in his tank, but because of the temperature change he went into shock, but at the time i was panicking and didn't know where else to put him. He was at the bottom for a while and was very dull, but he wasn't doing too badly and would occasionally swim up to the top like normal and regain his color. Right now he is swimming alright, just more slowly than usual, but his scales are flaking off especially near his eyes and he is still very dull. He is also less active. I've also tried feeding him and he won't eat. Also important to note is he was acting a little different the day before I changed his tank water, he seemed more scared and would hide whenever I came in or anything moved outside his tank and this is abnormal behavior for him. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I care about my fish a lot and I'll do whatever I can to help him. Sorry for the long post I wanted to include as much detail as possible in case anyone has any advice. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom