my betta fish is turning black

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaiMero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i got a new betta fish and his name is Kaito when i first got him he was white
IMG_1190.jpg

now however i noticed for the past two weeks hes getting darker and i just wanna know if its normal
IMG_1189.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg
this is how he looks now

Might be normal but I’d ask store to check ammonia level just in case (or if you have a solution/vial test kit).

Was he white or colourless (which is not quite the same as white). Anyway the process is called marbling (google it for a full description). This has nothing to do with ammonia or other issues associated with water quality.
-
Basically you purchased a young fish before the colours were fully formed and now it is happy and forming its full colouring.

Was he white or colourless (which is not quite the same as white). Anyway the process is called marbling (google it for a full description). This has nothing to do with ammonia or other issues associated with water quality.
-
Basically you purchased a young fish before the colours were fully formed and now it is happy and forming its full colouring.

it only took 9 days for him to change colors is that how fast they grow up?

If your in the store anyways I'd still get the water chemistry test done (most stores here will do it for free) and then you've ticked that off the box one way or another.

Could be me but he looks better now I think. Perhaps he was stressed and poor water conditions where you got him from?

Back
Top Bottom