My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would definatly put the macro algae in the fuge if you have nitrate and phos in your tank even at low levels it grows and speads across the tank rapidly

Badgers reef said:
I would definatly put the macro algae in the fuge if you have nitrate and phos in your tank even at low levels it grows and speads across the tank rapidly

Thanks. That's the route I am going go. One more thing it's comes with 2000+ pods. Should I put them all in the fuge? I know some will get pulled through the circ pump but should I put some in the display tank to. Like a quarter in tank and rest in the fuge maybe.

You can do both. Just turn your pump and power heads off for a little. Give the pods time to make it into the rocks. Make sure you add them into your display tank under total darkness.

Convict2161 said:
You can do both. Just turn your pump and power heads off for a little. Give the pods time to make it into the rocks. Make sure you add them into your display tank under total darkness.

Ty sir. Saw a really nice deal on a small bubble tip anemone but resisted even though I really liked the look.

Well I re aquascaped again. Corals seem happy. It's tuff to not get them all good flow cause the power head def move the water around good.

View attachment 108097

Convict2161 said:
Looking good as always.

Thanks brother. I like it better. There was something bothering me about it before. Lol

Anyone have thoughts on how often corals should be fed? I'm getting mixed answers - some people say daily and some say weekly.

Missy19 said:
Anyone have thoughts on how often corals should be fed? I'm getting mixed answers - some people say daily and some say weekly.

I do daily. Or sometimes 3-4x a week

I also just noticed a small clear shrimp looking creature on the bottom of our tank. What is this thing? Sorry, can't get a good pic

If its really small, it's just a Copepod. No worries, they are a good thing, it shows that the tank is getting established.

Just made an order from reefs2go. Got a green pistol shrimp a variety of snails and a sand sifting star. We will see how fast it's gets here but they were very nice and helpful. I called and did the order over the phone.

Convict2161 said:
The girls there are all nice! Wouldn't be surprised if you get it by Friday.

I did the two day shipping cause everything was level 3. I mentioned u and they knew right who u were. I said I know convict on AA and they were like oh ya Dino lol

22engine said:
I did the two day shipping cause everything was level 3. I mentioned u and they knew right who u were. I said I know convict on AA and they were like oh ya Dino lol

Now that's classic!! LOL!!!

Well today I stopped by a LFS that is near me that I normally don't get stuff from cause I question how clean they are. I was looking around with the kids and I see this green bubble tip on sale. I know a lot of people say that u should be up and running for six months and I was going to wait but seeing him in the tank I could tell it wasn't happy and more than likely wouldn't make it if it didn't sell. It was literally as high on the glass as it could get and still be in the water and the lights were just regular tank lights. Only half his tips were bubbled so I made the choice that he would fair better in my tank under a close eye. I am religious about water changes. Every Monday I do 4-5 gallon change with RO/DI water and reef crystals with calcium and trace elements. I test a couple times a week to make sure my levels are good and the tank def has plenty of flow. Even the base rock I have is highlighter yellow under the lights which I read is a sign of coralline. I installed a AL Sol blue already so he will have plenty of light. So I acclimated him and put him a a nice piece of flat live rock maybe six or seven inches off the bottom. After about 30 min he spread out his foot and anchored himself right to the rock and opened almost all his tips into bubbles. He looks ten times better than he did. Here some pics

View attachment 108653

View attachment 108655

Now I just hope my clowns will host it. They were eyeing it at first now the maroon one stays in the area but the BW one goes back to the top rear corner where he sleeps so we will see

Looks like he's enjoying the good conditions. Hope he does well.

Btw I love the lights..... The lid / cover surgery looks awesome. The heat-sink is huge but with that many LEDs I'm sure it's a must. What does your temp run now since stock ltg is gone?

lennonlh said:
Looks like he's enjoying the good conditions. Hope he does well.

Btw I love the lights..... The lid / cover surgery looks awesome. The heat-sink is huge but with that many LEDs I'm sure it's a must. What does your temp run now since stock ltg is gone?

Thanks very much. I stay between 78.5 and 79.5. That's with the house ac on 70. It use to really go up and down with the basic lights but now it stay pretty good which I was happy about. Well after he was in his spot all day I guess he decided he wanted to move cause he is on the move right now. Now I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fact that my lights are set to try to replicate the sun as much as possible or not.

Back
Top Bottom