My Buddies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys, here's my buddies, I can't wait to move them to their new tank I'm building soon.uploadfromtaptalk1439763424240.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439763486107.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439763619158.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439763748414.jpg

Nice fish, weird tank thing

Jesse
Thanks, man.
The tank thing is rite!!! When I bought this thing, which I think they called it a Trophy tank, it was the price from $48 down to $14. So I thought betta with some plants, but one thing led to another. I bought small fish and over stocked them , and now they grew, pretty crazy this hobby you just want to do so much when you get hooked.
Well new tank in one week guys , have a the money saved ![emoji225]

^NICE^!
Those are some good looking fish and you must be doing something right to raise them and have them grow!(y)
What size tank are you looking to upgrade to?

That's some beauties!

Caleb
Thanks, Caleb.

Yes my tank is overstocked, but I've had this tank running for 5 months now, low lighting plants, Aqua Clear hob, good air supply, driftwood, this tank for me was an experiment but it turned out well. I thought it wood of failed, but I kept it simple and the key for me was water changes.
I do 20% every 3 days , with prepared water. I've never owned Discus before, so I bought these guys and they are happy and growing. So far the experience has been good so far, but my new tank is in the works a 75gal planted. Still deciding pump or sump ? But for sure a pressurized co2 system. I hope this gives you guys a little bit more about me . [emoji225]

^NICE^!
Those are some good looking fish and you must be doing something right to raise them and have them grow!(y)
What size tank are you looking to upgrade to?
Hi man! 75 gal, planted with Discus and Angels, but more of a community tank with schooling fish.
In my weird tank , I got some already : cardinal tetras, serphas, harlequins, about 4-6 per school. I added these guys in about a month ago and they were very small and the price was rite, and now beyond belief they're doing great and growing.
I feed 2-3 times a day mainly flakes and every other day frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp, they love it. Water is about 80' and I plan to try a diy co2 in this tank soon as soon as I figure out which diffuser method I'm going to use.

Well Coral B, I hope this gives you some info man.

[emoji225]

That will be awesome!
Thank you,

I've been lucky so far ! My problem is being perfectionist by nature is what got me back into this hobby.
You always seem to want to do more and create . [emoji225]

Lets see how my new build will go, and I will post pics for you guys .
Just so much to do rite now. I'm going to build my own stand first and I'm going down in a week to purchase my new tank, but looking for plant ideas as well.

Clem.

Hi man! 75 gal, planted with Discus and Angels, but more of a community tank with schooling fish.
In my weird tank , I got some already : cardinal tetras, serphas, harlequins, about 4-6 per school. I added these guys in about a month ago and they were very small and the price was rite, and now beyond belief they're doing great and growing.
I feed 2-3 times a day mainly flakes and every other day frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp, they love it. Water is about 80' and I plan to try a diy co2 in this tank soon as soon as I figure out which diffuser method I'm going to use.

Well Coral B, I hope this gives you some info man.

[emoji225]

Love the fish! 75 gallon planted? Awesome! Best diffuser for DIY? - CIGARETTE FILTER! So easy and works great!

looking forward to seeing these beautiful fish in their new tank :)
Thanks man !
Between my kids soccer and work, I wish I had more time, but slowly its getting there.[emoji225]

Clem

Gosh, I know that life!! Not the soccer bit but kids, work and the rest of the real world!
My son is a young teenager and now he's too busy for me , leaving me with spare time time.
So another reason to get a" low impact sport" aquariums and fish.[emoji225]

Keep in touch, I'll posts pics for you guys as my build go's on, ideas or any help welcome. The people on here are very helpful and they share their knowledge, and that's why I enjoy this site!

Clem

Here's my stand for my 75 guys! Built it myself.uploadfromtaptalk1440187842985.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440187864904.jpg
Now it's tank time!!! [emoji225]

Back
Top Bottom