My clown fish wont go into my carpet anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, i bought a gold stripe maroon clown fish (which has been in there for about 2 days) and it wont go into my green carpet anenome. I was wondering why it wasnt hosting it. My LFS said that it would work.

Also, my green chromie seems to be nipping at one of his fins on his belly. its kinda torn up, i dont kno if its from him or LFS, but i put him (green chromie) in my Hospital tank for a day and put him back in, and he kinda checks him out and ive only seen him nip 1nce. any suggestions? thanks

It may take a littel while for the fish to host, if it ever will. Some clowns don't even know what an anemone is so they don't know what to do with it. I'd put the cromi back in the hospital tank for a few more days and then re introduce him into the display. Give him time to cool his hells for a while :wink: ,

Also as a final note, don't always take what your lfs says as gospel, some of them are onyl out to take your money. 8O

yup let the clown go to it over time. i have toadstools and the clown is now boucing in and out of them after the toadstools being in the tank for a month or so. its pretty cool that they will still go their even though its not a anemone

Kind of sucks that the tank raised clowns may have hundreds of years of evolution bred out of them rather quickly. But they do well in captivity. Which is a good trade off I suppose.

That's quite coincidental...I just added a gold striped maroon to my tank and I'm hoping he'll move into my green carpet anemone. So far, 1 week and he shows no interest whatsoever.

Years ago, I had a maroon and some sort of anemone. It took the maroon 2 years before he moved in.

maroons don't like carpets. one was hosting a PH at my LFS while their was a carpet in the tank. I had a maroon leave a RBTA and mve into a yellow toadstool leather.

Clowns will choose whatever host it wants and when it wants. But I have seen a maroon pair be hosted by a capert at LFS

Back
Top Bottom