My Craigslist special. 65g w sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramblin Wreck

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this yesterday. This is after tear down, transport and setup. Fish came with the package. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408452379.785047.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have not staged the live rock yet. I'm thinking of going high to low back to front leaving plenty of nooks and crannies. This is the best way, right?

There isn't any 'best' way really. You are right that you want as many nooks and crannies as possible.
Some accomplish this by making islands and bridges, others by making a wall up the back of the tank...it all depends on what you are looking for, the rock that you have, and limited only by your own creativity.

Thanks!! That means I am very limited hahaha!

Not bad looking. Might want to try a powerhead lower in the tank pointed upwards to help with flow through the whole tank.
What are the orange things on the one rock? They are hard to see, but from a distance remind me of aiptasia.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408477748.267077.jpg they came with the tank. I have not gotten that far as to identifying them.

Power heads: mid tank, bottom 1/3?

Oh, kenya trees. Soft coral that reproduce by dropping branches...and they do so quickly.
For the powerhead, you'd have to fiddle around to find the perfect spot. I think the middle would be just fine.

Great! Thanks for the identification and the help on the power head! I want a small ripple along the top correct?

Completely correct. A small ripple on the top of the water to prevent grease and gunk from gathering up there (so it can be easily removed) and to bring in an increased oxygen/CO2 removal.

Great! Thanks again for you help, knowledge, and advise!!

Here is the settled tank. Must not have powerful power heads bc they have to be in the top 1/3 to get a ripple.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408594260.807150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom