My English Garden Themed Planted Tank. Need Your Suggestions Please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well here is my very first small but proper planted tank. It has a nice bright LED and ADA soil. For CO2 I am using liquid carbon. Seachem Flourish Excel. Not using any fertilizers for now as the ADA soil has fertilizers which lasts about six to eight months. Stocking is few neon tetras. Many snails. Shrimps in dozens. I even saw shrimp frys on back of green wall. Please have a look at tank:

IMG-20171009-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20171009-WA0009.jpg

Below is a video too:

https://youtu.be/VMQMZxGUXPw

Shall I put a very tiny piece of wood or rock too or any other idea you have which I can do in this small tank.

Please advise. Thanks.

Like this maybe
f97adf8e37002707f37d85ac61fc0cb2.jpg

Wow. Thanks a lot. This look very very very very beautiful. I will look if its available. Thanks for suggestion and thanks for liking.

Impressive tank! Hard to believe , that your only using excel . What carpeting plant are you using ? looks stunning

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice tank, what are you using for substrate? As above, can’t believe you are only getting away with excel in that tank.

How long has it been set up for?

From a different thread, the substrate is ADA Amazonia and the lighting is a Fluval AquaSky.
Plants appear to be DBT / HC Cuba up front, some species of Rotala along the back, and a mix of Hydrocotyl japan, Ludwigia species (repens?), and an known plant on the left side.

Impressive tank! Hard to believe , that your only using excel . What carpeting plant are you using ? looks stunning

Very nice tank, what are you using for substrate? As above, can’t believe you are only getting away with excel in that tank.

How long has it been set up for?
Fresh2o answered all but wanna reply further. Tank is set up for 4 months and was on pressurized co2 but going great on excel so far. I see plants growing good. Back wall's growth is slow but other plants on left corner growing with good speed.

Its too early to say but excel is a great product. I seen some very lush tanks at store running on excel. Just need to does a little more for more lush green tanks. I will start Flourish comprehensive, Flourish Iron and Flourish Potassium for now. Flourish Comprehensive as micro and Potassium and Iron as macro nutrients. I will update my progress here very often. It will be useful for people like me who are interested in small high tech setup but don't want to invest in pressurized co2.

Added a small tree. Christmas Moss on driftwood. I hope Moss will grow as I expected and make it a nice tree.

However I need your suggestion if the tree suits to tank or not. I am confused. Sometimes it looks ok and sometimes I feel it took a lot of space. Already tank is only 6 gallons. Please suggest shall I keep it to remove it. Thanks.

BEFORE TANK WAS

IMG-20171009-WA0008.jpg

NOW AFTER TREE ITS

Attachments

• DSC_4668.jpg
    DSC_4668.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 125
Do a search for Bonsai Driftwood, there is a company of that name and several others selling these, I have always been tempted but not really had the right spot.

Disclaimer that I have not purchased from any of the companies and would mention to be sure of the size you are purchasing and whether it is a what you see is what you get purchase and not a get similar item. Do your background checks for the companies.

Some of the trees look "normal" and many have the Japanese Bonsai look to them and I think you could get a normal tree looking one and look into Anubias nana, Petite mini or micro for leaves. Would look great!

Do a search for Bonsai Driftwood, there is a company of that name and several others selling these, I have always been tempted but not really had the right spot.

Disclaimer that I have not purchased from any of the companies and would mention to be sure of the size you are purchasing and whether it is a what you see is what you get purchase and not a get similar item. Do your background checks for the companies.

Some of the trees look "normal" and many have the Japanese Bonsai look to them and I think you could get a normal tree looking one and look into Anubias nana, Petite mini or micro for leaves. Would look great!
Thanks a lot. I will look. Just want to know if it looks ok? I mean any tree in such small tank looks beautiful or not? What you think?

Thanks a lot Ma'am. Its the best site for driftwood really. I bought this four inch in height. 5 inch in length and 3 inch in width for only 23 dollars and international shipping they charge only 8 dollars so it only costed me 31 dollars to my door step.

I hope I get the same dimensions and product I ordered. There customer reviews are best so I am hopeful. It will be a great fun to decorate this with weeping or Christmas Moss. I will update this thread once I get the wood and then when I make the tree.

Attachments

• _20171019_080021.jpg
    _20171019_080021.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 73
That looks great!!! Can't wait to see what it will mature into.

According to the info it has years of longevity in water. A great investment I think.

Recently had been looking at them again is why it was so fresh in my mind, mulling over ideas for tank scapes :).

messy%20gardens.jpgBeing from England, I have to say, that is to nice to be an "English garden"

View attachment 304453Being from England, I have to say, that is to nice to be an "English garden"
Lol. I understand what you mean but we people living in middle east when hear the word UK or Europe we imagine heaven. Greenry and cattles.
That looks great!!! Can't wait to see what it will mature into.

According to the info it has years of longevity in water. A great investment I think.

Recently had been looking at them again is why it was so fresh in my mind, mulling over ideas for tank scapes :).
Thanks a lot. And I did a thorough search and indeed they are the best site. Specially there overseas shipping is very appealing to me. They have some very big bonsai driftwoods too. For my next project which I ll be starting in like February I will definitely buy from them one nice big bonsai driftwood for left corner of 50 gallon. Along with some small bonsais and other driftwood.

I will let you know about there customer service and my experience with product and packaging as well so in case you need to buy from them in future.

Back
Top Bottom