My Experience with a Conch Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I got a Conch last week. I had 1 piece of LR that I was about to toss because I could not get the hair algae off of one entire side.

I put the conch in the hair algae and to my surprise it is working on the last square inch piece.

I can't believe it ate it all but it did!!

Yay for Conch's

Could you clarify whether it was a queen conch, fighting conch or some other conch?
Thanks!

I've heard that most conch's if not all will eat corals and are not considered to be reef safe. Can anyone back up this information or is it incorrect?

I have a fighting conch and it has never bothered my corals. It just stays buried in the sand most of the time and only comes out at night.

I tooo have a fighting conch and all it ever does is bury itself in the substrate and hang out. It does sift once ina while and has never bothered any others, including the corals.

i have three and they just cruise around from time to time. their little elephant snout thing is comedy, and i like the way their eyes just come pokin out throught the sand.

Back
Top Bottom